PDA

View Full Version : Monk Stat Priorities: STR vs. DEX

TheFishyOne
10-13-2012, 07:37 AM
My Iksar Monk represents the first time I have seriously played a Melee class in an environment as classic EQ (Though I farted around with one a year before the live game went F2P). It is my understanding the a Monk's general stat priorities are AC/HP/STR. I have heard conflicting reports about the STR part of that priority, with some on this forum saying even a high STR increases DPS only marginally. Is this true?

Also, I have noticed that a good number of primo Monk weapons have a proc effect (trance sticks and tstaff, to name a couple) If a Monk gets a weapon with a good proc on it, does STR become DEX in the priority?

Or maybe I have the whole thing totally screwballed in my head. I'm a classic EQ Newb, and there is much I still need to learn. Any comments on a Monk's stat priority would be super.

And yes, I do know that Monks need to keep their weight as low as possible, and why. That's why I made my Monk a (mostly) full set of Cured Silk Armor. =)

Belz
10-13-2012, 12:37 PM
I'd say distribute between strength and STA, at least 10 to Stam.

STR caps easily.

TheFishyOne
10-14-2012, 01:20 AM
Yeah, I put all 20 points into STA @ creation, for that reason. I was more referring to a Monk's stat priority AFTER they have been rolled and spent some time leveling, but thanks for the feedback.

Tanx
10-14-2012, 08:44 AM
Yeah, I put all 20 points into STA @ creation, for that reason. I was more referring to a Monk's stat priority AFTER they have been rolled and spent some time leveling, but thanks for the feedback.

oh, lol.

i geared my alt between hp/saves for pullin....

i guess STR/HP if ur solo'ing

Ele
10-15-2012, 02:35 AM
If you are a pulling monk, primary stat = MR