PDA

View Full Version : Alternative spots levelling from 15-30ish?

Bubbles
10-13-2012, 10:07 AM
Recently started another necro for giggles and got her to level 17 last night via the usual methods (Commonlands, BB Chessboard, LF bandits, etc).

Now instead of heading to Unrest or Oasis like everyone does, was wondering if anyone had any more interesting ideas from like levels 17-30 or so for grind up semi-afk.

We're talking like karanas, kerra isle, LOIO, OOT.. etc... hell even random low level guards.. Obviously it wont beat unrest ZEM for speed, but im not exactly in a huge hurry, just something to do before crashing out after a long day at work. Not exactly rushing to 50, just looking to do some sightseeing along the way in new locales. :)

Thanks in advance.

Carbon
12-06-2012, 07:55 PM
http://wiki.project1999.org/6-Minute_Bard_Diet Decent money and easy afking. The WK bard is your level - don't kill the guard next to the bard and you'll be able to vendor behind the building the bard stands in front :)

edit - damnit .. didn't look at the date posted :/ lol

SamwiseRed
12-06-2012, 08:34 PM
Recently started another necro for giggles and got her to level 17 last night via the usual methods (Commonlands, BB Chessboard, LF bandits, etc).

Now instead of heading to Unrest or Oasis like everyone does, was wondering if anyone had any more interesting ideas from like levels 17-30 or so for grind up semi-afk.

We're talking like karanas, kerra isle, LOIO, OOT.. etc... hell even random low level guards.. Obviously it wont beat unrest ZEM for speed, but im not exactly in a huge hurry, just something to do before crashing out after a long day at work. Not exactly rushing to 50, just looking to do some sightseeing along the way in new locales. :)

Thanks in advance.

there are the gnolls in lake rathe thatll take you to 30, the camp turns undead at night its near the rathe zoneline. i may be completely wrong but its something i did on live sometimes.

Urbanzkopf
12-06-2012, 09:17 PM
15 kurns tower - beast mode exp and quieter than unrest + super duper easy to solo
Milk kurns till 23/24 (go to the very bottom level of the basement) Come outta here go Warslik Woods Giant fort and destroy it then switch to OT around 30 or go to the FM giant fort. around 35ish maybe go solo in Kaesora that has another nice ZEM and can take you to 40ish maybe 45 not too sure.

phobus
12-07-2012, 05:07 PM
Paineel guards!

They range from level 15 on up to mid-30s. They are undead, drop a shield + sword worth 8pp every time, and lots of them are even single spawns. The best part is that they don't give faction hits, so if you're not KOS you can have your cake and eat it too (i.e., kill/sell/bank in one zone).

Jankomatic
12-16-2012, 12:00 PM
I can't figure out how to get in Paineel to kill guards. The two green guards in the newbie area won't give me a key and are unkillable at level 20. So how do you get inside to "regular" undead guards?

Nihilist_santa
04-17-2013, 01:21 PM
I am interested in trying Paineel guards. The wiki only list a few skeleton guards and shows them as level 50, the lower level ones the wiki shows it gives negative heretics faction which would be bad. Which paineel guards do you start with at 15? I conned all the guards I could find and found a 2 spawn with 2 yellow and about 8 other reds close by that were in my level range and then the guards by the lift which the wiki says give faction hits.

blanks77
04-20-2013, 11:08 AM
Also on the wiki, it has the lvl 15 paineel guards listed and they are immune to magic.

Swish
04-20-2013, 11:43 AM
Also on the wiki, it has the lvl 15 paineel guards listed and they are immune to magic.

Don't trust the wiki. Also the 2 in the open are have about a billion HP, while the 2 key givers (at the base of the lift) that are actually in the city die quick deaths and are on a long respawn - which isn't good for wannabe erudite necros/clerics/SKs.

Nihilist_santa
04-20-2013, 05:28 PM
I found 2 near the library that conned yellow at 14, the lack of room makes it necessary to be 16 and have the undead root I am thinking.