PDA

View Full Version : Request for a list of zone exp modifiers

Fugly
11-15-2009, 03:54 AM
I'd like to see a list of zones that have positive exp modifiers now with the recent patch, and what they are. If this exists somewhere already, please provide a link. :)

For example,

Kedge Keep: 35% (or whatever it is)
ZoneA: A%
ZoneB: B%
etc...

Allizia
11-15-2009, 04:15 AM
Not trying to go against you Fugly, but I hope they are not posted. People should not be flocking to a particular dungeon because it has 4% more experience, they should be exploring and getting loot they need.

Zarniwooop
11-15-2009, 04:18 AM
Long as they fix sola who cares?

stormlord
11-15-2009, 05:39 AM
Not trying to go against you Fugly, but I hope they are not posted. People should not be flocking to a particular dungeon because it has 4% more experience, they should be exploring and getting loot they need.

I agree, but what about eqatlas.com, everquest.allakhazam.com, eqtraders.com??? We use those to find information so we can get better items, spells, crafts, and other goodies. We use maps downloaded from websites to travel better. Why can't we go to a web-page that lists the ZEM's so we can get better experience? It's the same concept. If you're going to be telling people not to look for ZEM, you may as well throw everything out while you're at it. Either that, or be honest and supply the information, knowing that we're already so deep in an information-obsessed society that there's no way you can force people not to do it without inventing new content on the fly.

I wish we could go back to the days when everything was new and nobody used the internet to progress. The days when we made our own maps. When we did the quests on our own or with a friend. Unfortunately, there're few secrets remaining in classic everquest. Most of them are online, and, again, if you don't use them, you're at a disadvantage that only a few immersion seekers are willing to go w/o.

I don't know if this is accurate for project1999, but someone posted it:
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showpost.php?p=3977&postcount=42

I'd imagine that the splitpaw ZEM is high because it was replaced so often over the years to inspire people to visit it.

But... back to your point about them getting "the loot they need." You're absolutely right. If you level up too fast, you'll be under-geared. If you explore and go to different places, not only will gameplay be less grindy/repetitive, but you'll find diverse loot. And in most cases I know, you can't find a zone with high zem, all the loot you need, all the plat you need, and all the freshness you need. You gotta travel!

It pays to visit places you've never been before. Most of it psychological - it's fun to see new places!

Bubbles
11-15-2009, 05:59 AM
Might as well just go ahd and get the planes and solro and kunark released at this point. Lord knows we have enough high levels to support it at this point.

We could always call this Beta 2 and fire off the real server in a couple weeks.

Lord knows I could have saved myself about 8kpp not messing with Blacksmithing beyond 115.

After all, there's nothing more exhilirating than the official lift off and getting your first cracked staff and backpack! That first ding! The first friend you make in the newbie yard. That first trip to Crushbone/Blackburrow. Your first new set of spells, your first successfull patchwork armor attempt. The first enchanter making that uber silver jewelry. Your first corpse run. The first FBR. First Jbewtz.

That would make for an interesting poll, if starting from scratch again, would you re-roll your exact same character? I know I would. :)

Salty
11-15-2009, 08:19 AM
...if starting from scratch again...

no :eek: :eek: :eek:

Aeolwind
11-15-2009, 09:56 AM
Sorry, not gonna happen. For the reasons stated above.

briannick91
11-15-2009, 11:45 AM

not trying to be mean but i saw your alt in sol a yesterday....

Sloth
11-15-2009, 11:52 AM
Long as they fix sola who cares?

Yea, after everyone else benefits from it. :confused: