PDA

View Full Version : What cleric gear would you buy if you had 5k?

dredge
10-21-2012, 11:03 PM

fishingme
10-21-2012, 11:13 PM
I'd spend one maybe two thousand on wis gear, I'd buy a good weapon. Then I suggest saving the rest.

Bubbles
10-22-2012, 02:43 AM
You'll gain enough cash in your first 30 levels to make wis gear purchases. Nothing is going to be worth more to you than jboots. If you have 5.5k then jboots and 5/55 rings. But yeah, jboots.. you get horrid return on mana per point of wisdom till you hit level 30+, so PKTs and nightshade wreaths and efreeti boots and whatever are going to be expensive ways to play needless dress up in the meantime.

dredge
10-22-2012, 10:04 AM

Neryn
10-22-2012, 10:11 AM
As for a wis weapon, you can try roaming around Kithicor forest and check wether any group is killing undeads there. If so, you can ask them to let you know if any Ruined Battleworn Morning Star (http://wiki.project1999.org/Ruined_Battleworn_Morning_Star) drops.

dredge
10-22-2012, 08:01 PM

Bubbles
10-22-2012, 08:03 PM
hmm, is the jboots quest hard?
I have a lv43 rogue with mediocre gear I could try with, and a lv 50 bard friend I could possibly call in to help, or is the AC perma camped and all that?

It's perma camped, mainly because ppl MQ it for 5k.

Swish
10-29-2012, 02:20 AM
I disagree with Bubbles (but everyone has their own opinion). I'd say try to build 200 wis as soon as you can.

+6 wis rings, the Platinum Ruby Veil, Bloodstained tunic (cheap, or free if you go to Unrest and one drops), those quested golden cleric bracers (Bracers of the Reverent...do it twice as they aren't lore).

In essence, look at this page for a guideline: http://wiki.project1999.org/Cleric#Pre-Planar

Sure, Jboots are nice and they'll probably save you a few deaths but they aren't a necessity.

If you're looking to solo or want to be the best cleric you can be, you need a decent mana pool - aim for 200 wis or as close as you can get it as early as possible. After that, think more towards secondary stats.

itsSergent
10-29-2012, 07:43 AM
Agreed with Swish. When I played on live my main was a Cleric and I didn't group lot unless there was a raid. I was Mr. Solo-Dolo, I did the same thing where building up wisdom is better than getting JBoots

dredge
11-02-2012, 11:12 AM

Raavak
11-02-2012, 11:38 AM
I would get the crafted +wis jewelry (veil, rings) and a good primary slot weapon if you are going to solo, then just fill in the rest as you get money. Doing the cleric quest bracer is pretty easy and only costs like 100pp or so for the component gem and you get alot of +wis for them too for how easy it is.

To be honest, gear is nice but isn't that big a deal on a cleric. Even naked you can do cleric stuff. Try that with a pure melee.

Ele
11-02-2012, 03:39 PM
Can't go wrong with 5/55 rings for pretty much any class for lower levels.

dredge
11-03-2012, 12:11 AM

ArumTP
11-03-2012, 02:19 AM
Jboots, the cleric only belt from fear (1k tops), golem tear ring, or enshrouded veil. None of these items (well belt can be) ever get better for their given slot.

dredge
11-09-2012, 07:20 PM

Bubbles
11-09-2012, 07:31 PM
Girdle of the Dilligent.

dredge
11-09-2012, 09:30 PM

Bubbles
11-11-2012, 08:47 AM
what arms, ears, and feet slots should I buy?
Should I go for the charred shield or something else?

I traded my hero bacer for a abolone gorget thing and I'm thinking I should probably swap out my crested helm and mith breastplate for wis gear

CGS is a good shield, if you wanna go through a silly monotonous quest, the Testament of Vanaer is a 10 wis offhand item (no AC tho).

Gold Jasper Earrings (3 wis) are super cheap and blowing money on Forrest Loops (2 ac 3 wis 3 agi 3 dex) is pretty marginal returns for a 10x the plat investment. Obviously you'll end up someday with the Black Sapph Earrings (25hp 35 mana), but that's prohibitively expensive and something you tinker with at the end of the treadmill, not at the beginning.

Feet are Golden Efreeti Boots, nothing else compares, which is part of the reason they retail in the 5k range (sadly). Starter boots like wolf fur slippers and Kobold Hide Boots offer a few mana (slips) or hit points (boots), but neither is much of a boost, and they are a royal pain to track down in EC tunnel most of the time.

Arms. umm. Platinum Armbands (3 str / 3 wis) are pretty decent, altho the hollowed bone bracers (4 ac 15 mana 7 sv magic iirc) are a decent alternative. Azure Sleeves (12 ac no other stats) are another option as well.. There's not much for clerics in the arm slot that offer meaningful stats beyond ac (which is why you'll see most higher end clerics sporting Emist arms for the STR and sv magic, or Donals for the clicky valor buff).

Head is a nightshade wreath (5 wis), or Runed Circlet for a couple extra AC at the expense of 1 wis.. clerics can also wear the Skull Shaped Barbute (13ac 35 hps 10 sv magic) which is a ton of extra ac and hps and sv magic at the expense of the wis. It's all personal preference really. Normally going WIS is almost always what you go for as default, but the SSB is pretty amazing all around too, and something you'll likely need as resist gear someday anyways.

I probably wouldnt get rid of the mith breastplate. Those AC, HP and AGI are pretty nice boosts, altho the Bloostained Tunic does have comparable AC and 4 wis on it.. matter of personal preference. The mith bp looks a ton better, and vanity is always an important part of EQ.

If you end up having more cash to spend, getting the cultural dorf armor might be a way to get some solid ac boost along with a couple points of wis in the arms and feet and chest slots. Legs too, camping that ancient gator in guk or paying 1k+ for gatorscale legs is a royal b!tch..

dredge
11-11-2012, 12:01 PM