PDA

View Full Version : Do SK's still suffer from the horrid xp penalty?

Damaja
10-24-2012, 06:44 PM
^^ title

Graahle
10-24-2012, 06:49 PM
Indeed they do, unfortunately. But that's the price you play for rolling with the Big Dawgs (worth it).

Damaja
10-24-2012, 07:14 PM
k

Twilight-Sparkle
11-16-2012, 02:15 PM
I heard that exp penalties are removed in Velious? True?

kaev
11-16-2012, 02:18 PM
True. Fairly early in Velious, iirc. No doubt the devs already have the specific live patchnote in hand.

Vertiggo
11-16-2012, 02:19 PM
They were in live cant remember if it was immediately though never really made sense to give then a penalty to begin with paying for versatility is bs monks and shamans and Druids don't pay for versatility

Kender
11-16-2012, 03:00 PM
xp penalties are only a factor if you solo. if you group your penalty is shared by all. as a tank it should be pretty easy to find said group

kaev
11-16-2012, 03:12 PM
xp penalties are only a factor if you solo. if you group your penalty is shared by all. as a tank it should be pretty easy to find said group

Had to wait until I caught my breath, was laughing so hard. XP penalty will get you excluded from plenty of groups, just as it did on live. Lotsa people here are more than a little obsessed with their xp/kill, just as they were on live. It's an incredibly stupidly painfully wrongheaded mechanic. I'm so glad they so carefully recreated it here.

Kender
11-17-2012, 05:33 AM
Had to wait until I caught my breath, was laughing so hard. XP penalty will get you excluded from plenty of groups, just as it did on live. Lotsa people here are more than a little obsessed with their xp/kill, just as they were on live. It's an incredibly stupidly painfully wrongheaded mechanic. I'm so glad they so carefully recreated it here.

never had an issue getitng a group as either pally or sk

SamwiseRed
11-17-2012, 11:23 AM
For the record xp penalty should be removed in a group, much like pet classes losing pet penalty in group.

Kender
11-17-2012, 03:16 PM
For the record xp penalty should be removed in a group, much like pet classes losing pet penalty in group.

it's not removed. it's shared by the whole group

SamwiseRed
11-17-2012, 03:33 PM
There is no pet penalty in groups.

Treefall
11-21-2012, 03:42 PM
Ouch, I didn't realize that XP penalties were shared by the group.

I've read threads on here (from 2010) where people were complaining about seeing other classes level a few times for their one level while they were in a group. (I believe it was a Paladin talking about being grouped with a Warrior.)

If the penalties are shared, how does that happen?

So what is it? Are race/class xp penalties shared, or is the burden solely on the person playing that race/class?

Flash
11-21-2012, 03:54 PM
Ouch, I didn't realize that XP penalties were shared by the group.

I've read threads on here (from 2010) where people were complaining about seeing other classes level a few times for their one level while they were in a group. (I believe it was a Paladin talking about being grouped with a Warrior.)

If the penalties are shared, how does that happen?

So what is it? Are race/class xp penalties shared, or is the burden solely on the person playing that race/class?

Cumulatively.

If there are 6 people in the group and 3 of them have 40% penalties, each person in the group has a 20% penalty.

Treefall
11-21-2012, 10:19 PM
All right, thanks for the info.

I really don't like these penalties (classwise) but what can you do?

Danth
11-21-2012, 11:14 PM
"I've read threads on here (from 2010) where people were complaining about seeing other classes level a few times for their one level while they were in a group. (I believe it was a Paladin talking about being grouped with a Warrior.)"

When Project1999 first opened and for a good number of months thereafter, penalties were incorrectly implemented and weren't shared. As a rule, information posted in extremely old threads should be taken with a grain of salt.

Danth