PDA

View Full Version : Enchanter research

Pyrion
11-20-2012, 04:51 AM
I have a problem with research. When i dinged 16 i went to my trainer and got the research skill which immediately got up to 16, as is usual. I wanted to train more, but got the message that i am at maximum already. No biggie i thought, will come back later. Now at 18 i still can not increase my skill. I did 2 combines already (one successfull, one not) and dont get a skill update either. Is the skill max for Level 18 still 16? When does it go up? I dont understand this and could not find infos about it, please enlighten me if you know better.

Swish
11-20-2012, 11:06 AM
There was definitely a change a few patches ago. My iksar necro spent all his training points (a fair amount of plat involved) in levelling research up to 120ish.

I always thought on live that it was similar to tradeskills like blacksmithing/tailoring where after 26 or so you'd have to work at it yourself.

To try and work it up, the best places to look for enchanter pages are probably druid ring vendors, cities, etc. Don't forget to check all Highkeep vendors on the 1st floor and around the bank.

The alternative is quite time consuming. Get a "Concordance of Research" either by handing in a greater lightstone or checking the vendors in NK/Oasis and levelling up that way...but some of the "practice" components aren't easy to find :(

Pyrion
11-20-2012, 11:35 AM
Is there any definite info about that issue? I would like to know skill cap per level. Looks like its useless to try to get skill up at the moment for me since it does not go up anyways (2 tries no skill up, should skill up almost every try). Maybe it was just bad luck? Maybe trainer can train me but i am at my skill cap? It's frustrating not to know what's wrong.

Vermicelli
11-20-2012, 08:56 PM
I and most of the of the folks I have talked to skilled up in research at our guildmasters. What else are you going to do with those skillup points anyway =P

Pyrion
11-28-2012, 04:48 AM
I can now answer my initial question for all others that are concerned as well. Research works as follows:

1) When you hit 16 you can go to your trainer, spend one point in research and get the skill to 16
2) You can not raise it any further at this time
3) At 17 and 18 it is still not possible to raise the skill in any way (not at trainer, not by research)
4) At 19 you can train up to skill level 20
5) Every level from there on the skill cap grows by 5
6) Your trainer can train you in research