PDA

View Full Version : XP penalty

gotrocks
12-22-2012, 05:34 AM
shamans/druids/clerics have no xp penalty, correct?

I had always thought they had 0% xp penalty, unless you picked a race with one, but I had someone in game just now tell me they did, and that they found the info on p99 wiki, but i dont see that anywhere. Was i just getting trolled?

I had always thought it was just paladin/sk/ranger/monk/bard that got the penalties. And the 10% for all int casters (kinda weird imo but w/e)

Swish
12-22-2012, 06:26 AM
You're right, no priest XP penalties - unless you're playing a troll/ogre/iksar shaman ;)

Halfling druid/cleric? Give yourself a slight XP bonus! ;)

gotrocks
12-22-2012, 09:43 AM
yeah, i really already knew the answerr to this, i was just hoping the guy i was talking to would open up the forums and realize what i was saying was true.

He thinks the XP statistics section on the wiki is stating the class penalty all by itself, not with the racial penalty combined. Which makes absolutely zero sense, since if that were true, the class penalty for the different races would change based on race (and it'd no longer be a class penalty, it'd be a race penalty). But this guy must have been trolling, because then, he tried to tell me iksar SK's somehow only had a 40% xp penalty total. That makes even less sense because on the wiki under iksar SK its listed as being a 68% penalty. If what he was saying were true, and that was simply the class penalty only, iksar sk's wuld have an 88% penalty. Kinda outrageous, I dont think anyone would play that class if it really did have a 90% penalty. In any case, I couldn't talk this guy out of it, and it had me pulling my hair to the point where i just said "ok, you believe whatever, I have to go" and ignored him.

In any case, if you happen to log in and do a /who all spiny and see him on, do me a favo and send him a tell explaining how the wiki works and why he's wrong, and that shamans dont get an xp penalty for class. Spiny, ksar SK.

am i allowed to post people character names on the forums? if not, please delete that part of my post.

/rant off

Swish
12-22-2012, 10:50 AM
lol, let him wallow in his ignorance...he might have been purposely trolling :p