PDA

View Full Version : Dual Wield vs. 2 Handers for Monks

Yaolin
01-24-2013, 12:21 PM
Everything I've ever read points to the fact that monks should use Peacebringer, IFS, and T-Staff over every other 1 Hander combination other than EPIC fist and SoS. My question is, if you could afford to buy a T-Staff, Peacebringer, or IFS why do you still choose to use 1 Hand combos? This question only applies to monks above lvl 30 after the damage caps have been removed.

Itap
01-24-2013, 12:28 PM
at that point, dual wield is situational i.e. if you need push for caster mobs ect

Yaolin
01-24-2013, 01:29 PM
What do you mean by push? The more attack that hit a mob the more likely it is to get moved and interrupted?

theaetatus
01-24-2013, 02:40 PM
Each attack moves the mob a little. More attacks means more push.

With double epic fists you can kill most appropriate caster mobs without them getting a single spell off.

Itap
01-24-2013, 02:42 PM
What he said ^

What do you mean by push?

Cippofra
01-25-2013, 08:54 AM
From level 35 - 40 I've been switching between IFS and 2x trance sticks. Originally, the trance sticks were just going to be meant for keeping skill up. But while soloing, my trance sticks, even without procs on average do just as much damage as the IFS. With both weapons I can get lucky, and get a few hard hits in a row, or a few procs in a row. But as much as I was not expecting it and as much as I've supported 2hb over dual wield in the past, they appear to be equal. This is also somewhat supported by my parsing, where I average 20dps on everything (the low figure is due to me always soloing and having a bad ping, so I often end up chasing a dying mob around for 30 seconds +)

Itap
01-25-2013, 09:21 AM
You're correct Cipp, it's all situational. Does the npc have a DS on? Use the 2HB. Do you need to interrupt casting? Use 1HB/Fist.

Froglok
01-25-2013, 06:35 PM
don't forget about riposte lv 35+, riposte will be more damage with a higher damage 2h weapon.