PDA

View Full Version : Spells: Color Flux

Argentate
06-12-2010, 07:13 AM
Enchanter's level four spell Color Flux stuns for only 3.5 seconds instead of 4.0 seconds as the tooltip advertises...

I tested it with a macro: "/cast 1, /pause 30, /cast 2" where spell 1 is Color Flux and spell 2 is another spell with only 1.5 second cast time, and /pause 30 equates to 1.0 second Color Flux cast time plus the universal 2.0 seconds grey-out time.

Now if Color Flux stuns a mob for 4.0 seconds, there should be plenty of time to allow the 1.5 second cast-time spell to be channeled out. (2 + 1.5 < 4.0) Actually, there is a 0.5 second buffer which allows for latency delays etc. But I've tested it many times, the mob ALWAYS makes an attack before the second 1.5 second spell is finished casting. Using the macro above, the mob's attack will land simutaneously just when the second spell is finished casting. This led me to conclude that Color Flux only has 3.5 seconds stun duration instead of 4.

Below is a link from Caster's Realm (one of the better websites for spell information), this page is from May 2000.

http://web.archive.org/web/20010505024431/eq.castersrealm.com/spells/enchanter/spelldescriptions.asp?SpellID=169

Thank you.