PDA

View Full Version : druid / charm kite exp

kilyen
01-29-2013, 09:07 PM
dose anyone know if the pet rules apply to charmed pets ?

do i need to do 50% of the damage to receive full exp ?

myxomatosii
01-30-2013, 01:40 AM
dose anyone know if the pet rules apply to charmed pets ?

do i need to do 50% of the damage to receive full exp ?

You will definitely notice a MUCH MUCH greater exp gain if you break charm and kill both mobs. So yes.

What I normally do is charm a blue/light blue, feral spirit it. Snare a even/yellow/red, then run away while lowbie pet beats on it. Chain fear the high mob, fear and snare always seem to hold full duration unbelievably reliably so the baby mob pecks away at the bigger mob. When big mob gets low I hide and fear my pet, dot the big mob. Big mob dies, fear wears off and I recharm my pet. Rinse and repeat. Works excellently and avoids nasty charm breaks on higher mobs. Also avoids exp loss to pet.

Estu
01-30-2013, 12:33 PM
You will definitely notice a MUCH MUCH greater exp gain if you break charm and kill both mobs. So yes.

What I normally do is charm a blue/light blue, feral spirit it. Snare a even/yellow/red, then run away while lowbie pet beats on it. Chain fear the high mob, fear and snare always seem to hold full duration unbelievably reliably so the baby mob pecks away at the bigger mob. When big mob gets low I hide and fear my pet, dot the big mob. Big mob dies, fear wears off and I recharm my pet. Rinse and repeat. Works excellently and avoids nasty charm breaks on higher mobs. Also avoids exp loss to pet.

I like this strategy. What I've also done is to charm a dark blue (but as low of a dark blue as possible), snare a high dark blue or an even, snare kite for a while (without casting any nukes or anything), then once the pet takes aggro, let both mobs get low health, hide to get rid of the pet, and then get two full-EXP kills (kill the pet first for full EXP on the other mob). Obviously you should experiment and see what works best for you in a given zone.

TWDL_Prexus
02-02-2013, 03:18 PM
Quickest way for exp now after the pet exp nerf is to(depending on location of course) snare/charm a dark blue pet, have it guard a spot. Pull a few more dark blues(1 by 1 or a few whatever you want) and root them next to your pet. Have them destroy your pet, at 10% or so break charm, and charm a new one of the rooted animals and have the other rooted mobs beat up that while you finish off your first pet with ES arms or whatever. Keep bringing in new mobs to help with the beat down of your pets and they die nice and fast. I usually did my pet vs 4 or 5 other animals, exp was quite fast.

myxomatosii
02-03-2013, 06:48 AM
Quickest way for exp now after the pet exp nerf is to(depending on location of course) snare/charm a dark blue pet, have it guard a spot. Pull a few more dark blues(1 by 1 or a few whatever you want) and root them next to your pet. Have them destroy your pet, at 10% or so break charm, and charm a new one of the rooted animals and have the other rooted mobs beat up that while you finish off your first pet with ES arms or whatever. Keep bringing in new mobs to help with the beat down of your pets and they die nice and fast. I usually did my pet vs 4 or 5 other animals, exp was quite fast.

That sounds quite interesting to try.

My root was never very reliable and tended to oom me is the only reason I probably would've failed with this in the 20s range. Root doesn't seem to work properly for any class until 40+.

TWDL_Prexus
02-03-2013, 03:46 PM
That sounds quite interesting to try.

My root was never very reliable and tended to oom me is the only reason I probably would've failed with this in the 20s range. Root doesn't seem to work properly for any class until 40+.

Yeah I wouldn't use that method probably until OT. Works well there, raptors, and perma pits.

curtischoy
02-19-2013, 08:36 PM
What is the best way to break charm? hide can be annoying and take a few tries.

galvaunis
02-20-2013, 05:22 AM
cast invis on yourself, via a spell or goblin gazughi ring

veth
03-12-2013, 07:27 PM
Once you break charm, is aggro reset on the mob your pet was fighting? Or do you have to kill your former pet first to get full exp on both?

I've been doing that to be safe, but wasn't sure if it was necessary.