PDA

View Full Version : Warrior and Cleric or Warrior and Shaman

Genedin
01-31-2013, 11:56 AM
Starting off with a friend. Trying to figure out the best combo to make.

I know cleric can keep warrior healed which I will twink. And cleric buffs make for really good AC.

Shaman buffs make a warrior into a damage machine, plus sow is boss, but shaman heals are not cleric heals and I worry about efficiency and down time.

I'm leaning towards the cleric and warrior because from my experience (only about 3 weeks) on this server there are about 9 million shamans and 8 million monks and then some of the other classes and then every now and then a cleric and warrior.

Estu
01-31-2013, 12:41 PM
If your source of DPS is a warrior, you want to stay berserking. What a cleric offers that a shaman can't is complete heals and big heals, which are useless if you're berserking - what you want is small heals and regen, which a shaman can provide. Shamans also offer much better buffs, dps, and debuffs than a cleric for a warrior duo. Short answer is that the cleric duo will be far slower and less efficient than the shaman one.

Dark Team
01-31-2013, 01:00 PM
If you're mostly looking to duo, the shaman is a better choice. It's not difficult to find others to group, though, and a cleric + warrior combination is a full group waiting to happen.

Genedin
01-31-2013, 01:27 PM
Thanks for the info, that's a good point about zerking.
The great part about a cleric warrior combo is exactly that, together you can just grab any others and you have a group.

Think I may stick with shaman/warrior though.

Catch is, I really wanted to make a dark elf warrior because badass looks in armor.
Oh well, may have to settle for barb warrior/shaman combo.

Estu
01-31-2013, 01:42 PM
Make whatever race you want, they don't have to be of the same faction. At level 1 just get a port to EC and run around killing stuff with buffs from people in the tunnel. Or get a port wherever you want to group together. As long as you get a bind nearby, you'll be fine. People are generally happy to port newbies for free if you tell them that you don't have money to pay them with. Only issue would be getting a port out of Everfrost since it's so far out of the way.

But really, my point is that your race is something that sticks with you for your entire character's lifetime, and the first few levels where you may be in a different newbie zone or whatever are such a small part of that that it's not worth sacrificing a preference about your race in order to just start at the same spot.