PDA

View Full Version : Shaman Fury line of spells.

Gylen
02-06-2013, 02:45 PM
Hello,

I'm not quite sure if this is supposed to be like this but when I cast the spell, I start to lose mana periodically. Is this normal? I can't find anything about this "side-effect" in the spell wiki.

Any ideas?

RahlaeRuffian
02-07-2013, 12:23 AM
This happened to me today. I'd never casted it before but sure enough, I was OOM not long after.

Estu
02-07-2013, 09:12 AM
Yes it's a side-effect of the line of spells, and yes it's intentional and classic. For a while earlier in the server's life you did not lose mana from the spells, meaning that you could use the Fury line plus the Regen line to become a double-regenerating badass. However, this wasn't classic; Fury line was changed much later in the game to not take your mana, and this is what the original P99 implementation and, I guess, the Wiki reflect. As it stands now I believe the line is mostly useless.

TWDL_Prexus
02-07-2013, 01:12 PM
Useless spells. Haven't been in a situation where they would be even somewhat useful.

liveitup1216
02-08-2013, 01:27 AM
they were oh so sweet for leveling a shaman before the change, double regen was beastly for grinding.

Purplefluffybunny
02-18-2013, 09:13 AM
You can still double regen. Cast regen, burn through mana on mob and then activate one of the fury line of spells. Even when your mana runs out the spell and health regen still keeps going.

Granted, I have a melee build Troll Shaman and the added race regen attribute really stacks well too @ lvl 30, to form a non-equipment based triple regen combo.