PDA

View Full Version : Togor's vs Turgur's

Gylen
02-15-2013, 06:09 PM
Fellow shamans,

I realize that Turgur's has a much longer duration, and slightly higher % slow but is it worth the extra 50 mana for normal grouping?

I did also notice it's slightly faster cast time as well. Is there anything else?

What are your thoughts? Turgur's or Togor's?

Danth
02-15-2013, 08:01 PM
The level 51 slow does provide distinctly more damage reduction, although this is a moot point if monsters are dying fast enough. Use it when stuff lives for awhile. The level 39 slow generates less hate and that might be a useful advantage, particularly with a Warrior or a Monk acting as a tank.

Danth

Swish
02-16-2013, 11:18 AM
Use the lower % one for anything that won't survive the duration - it leaves some mana to patch heal if needed or rebuff hastes etc etc.

Polyphemous
04-24-2013, 04:48 PM
I only used turgurs. If mobs die so fast that you consider using the cheaper version I'd just nuke to speed it up even more. The longer duration really comes into play in CC situations. Chanters loved it when I turgured everything as it stood mezzed. 5 mezzed mobs in a PuG gives chanters a pretty high pucker factor, unless he knows the shammy is turguring everything.

Chloroform
04-24-2013, 04:54 PM
Use the lower % one for anything that won't survive the duration - it leaves some mana to patch heal if needed or rebuff hastes etc etc.

^^^summed it up.

also ur right on track with Turgur's being faster cast time, better slow % wise and also Higher mana. its variable. Also might want to take into consideration how your tank is holding up. sometimes the extra slow % and being able to Land it as fast as possible helps your group conserve mana*keep your clerics happy, and the exp will flow like wine*

Lojik
04-26-2013, 08:42 PM
Any differences in resist rates?

Swish
04-30-2013, 03:54 PM
From my hazy memory on live, the resist rates were similar/identical - hard mobs just need a malise to help the medicine go down ;)

Mangorange
04-30-2013, 05:45 PM
From my hazy memory on live, the resist rates were similar/identical - hard mobs just need a malise to help the medicine go down ;)

How would malise help a magic-based slow land?

SirAlvarex
04-30-2013, 07:57 PM
How would malise help a magic-based slow land?

Wiki states that Malaise (and it's upgrades) lowers all resists except disease Linkage (http://wiki.project1999.org/Malaise)

Mangorange
04-30-2013, 08:24 PM
ah thanks, for some reason I thought it only excluded magic when I saw it before.

SirAlvarex
04-30-2013, 09:24 PM
Nope, the excluded resist is disease! For some reason Verant decided that disease needed to be it's own separate debuff.

Swish
05-01-2013, 10:49 AM
Nope, the excluded resist is disease! For some reason Verant decided that disease needed to be it's own separate debuff.

Yeah I never understood that, the disease dots (scourge etc) can be resisty too which doesn't help matters :p