PDA

View Full Version : Necromancer Gearing

Louien Thorngage
02-21-2013, 06:47 PM
Ok, let me start this with;

I am not looking for this link;

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=80972

Or a link to the wiki. Or a link to somewhere else that details the BIS/Pre-planar/Planar/50+/etc gear.

I am barely able to make enough cash to buy my spells every few levels, this is my first character on P99, and I haven't played Live since....Luclin I think. Currently, I am still wearing Small Cloth armor and running about with a Snake Fang as a weapon. The only "stat" gear I have are a couple derv rings I picked up hunting in Nro.

What gear could I reasonably look for, farm, quest, acquire without expenditure of large amounts of plat between lvls 16-30, solo, duo, or group? Do I even need gear?

SamwiseRed
02-21-2013, 07:51 PM
necros can solo to 50 naked if they had too. probably 60. as a necro you can farm mass amounts of loots and pp. you can already farm the sisters in lfay easily to get some cash.

Louien Thorngage
02-21-2013, 11:09 PM
What/where are these sisters in lfay? I've heard about them a handful of times, but on Live (whenever that was) I played a warrior - so solo farming anything was out of the question.

It also means I don't even know what gear I'm looking for. Unless Necros can where +sta/str plate...heh

Atennu
02-21-2013, 11:22 PM
It also means I don't even know what gear I'm looking for. Unless Necros can where +sta/str plate...heh

This is a really naive thing to say as a caster. I dont think anyone should take you seriously at all with a comment like that.

Louien Thorngage
02-22-2013, 12:13 AM
Or anyone could assume it was sarcasm.

I'm well aware of the gear limitations of casters. Just the only gear I remember from Live were things like the Crafted set, and weapons like the Lammy and the Yak. Clearly none of that will help me as a Necro; thus the question.

In retrospect, I get this odd feeling that I was just trolled.

Zallar
02-22-2013, 01:26 AM
I'm assuming you're on blue server. Short answer is you don't need hardly any gear to level as a necro. Don't worry about camping anything or sitting in EC, just go level. Once you're in your 50's you can go back and camp something that you really missed.

Just pick up any +Int or +HP gear as you level. That's all you need to be concerned with. Mana and HP. As a necro they are one and the same for you, you just need to manage them.

Tecmos Deception
02-22-2013, 11:20 AM
Load up the necromancer equipment database on the wiki (http://wiki.project1999.org/Category:Necromancer_Equipment) and loot at each slot and sort by hp, int, and mp, looking for gear with as much of those things on them as you can farm/afford.

Swish
02-22-2013, 11:42 AM
I got my necro to 51 before my laptop started blue screening and encountering problems. He still had some horrible gear, and while more int would have been handy in some situations you'll find yourself with plenty of control over the fights you enter.

Advice to just level is good advice. Warslik's Woods from about 21-22 onwards at the giant fort will see good returns, and some of the stuff there sells well to vendors (at Overthere etc). Get to 35-36 and you'll be raking plat from spectres I'd imagine :)

Louien Thorngage
02-22-2013, 12:27 PM
Thanks guys, the responses have given me a pretty good direction to start in.

amateur
02-22-2013, 12:50 PM
my necro only has 111sta and 128int and he just hit 46. he has mostly levled up outdoors fear kiting but its all been easy so far. almost al my deaths have been from not paying attention rather than lack of mana. i think i even put most of my starting stats into str to avoid encumbrance

Freakish
03-03-2013, 05:15 AM
I've charm solo'd Howling Stones basement naked at 60 on a corpse run once. Took on 4 mobs at a time at points. It wasn't easy, but it was doable.
Gear is of limited use to a necromancer.

filthyphil
03-04-2013, 11:18 AM
I started with nothing and have been able to farm or purchase all the items in my magelo. I've made a very good start for myself. Best thing you can do as a new necro is make it to level 28-30 and exclusively exp at the misty thicket wall guards. Their spears sell for 10p each. First investment you make is weight reduction bags so that you can farm MORE spears at one time. Before you have your own bags you can ask a magician to summon you some, offer them 25 or 50p to do it! It is well worth it to get 100% weight reduction and knock out about 5 trips worth of spears.

EDIT: If you are a human or erudite, as soon as you feel comfortable doing so, take a field trip to Karnor & /shout you are willing to buy Flayed skin pieces for 50p each. That is 35p or so more than they will vendor for and you will get multiple tells! I think I took the trip around level 36 and picked up 4 pieces of flayed for 200p where I had nothing but cloth in the slot previously.

EDIT EDIT: Another good source of income are the low level research only spells. In particular: Haunting Corpse, Intensify Death, Call of Bones, Invoke Shadow are very easy to sell. I have seen all of these spells go for up to 500p, just remember they are worth whatever that twink necro who was too lazy to farm the words is willing to pay for it.

Ocura
03-05-2013, 03:45 PM
Edit: wow, sorry it was supposed to be a new thread not a reply. Sorry!