Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Red Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Global OOC (/forums/showthread.php?t=60795)

coshea46 01-18-2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazortag (Post 521070)
So we should have it so that someone's whereabouts can be broadcasted to everyone on the server in real time? We should have it so that everyone who wants to use this feature has to endure listening to immature, illiterate VZTZers all the time? And you're saying that, if they choose to opt out of this feature, that everyone else should get an advantage over them? Is that what you're saying?

Kill yourself

El Culo 01-18-2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazortag (Post 521070)
So we should have it so that someone's whereabouts can be broadcasted to everyone on the server in real time?

I'm guessing you are talking about yellow text? Seemed a lil out of context since no1 else brought it up, but it doesn't have to broadcast the location per se.

Code:

Jesus (50 Pal) <Imaginary Friends> got pwned by Judas (50 Rog) <Holocausts>.
cohpvp1.0:

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/5387/genocidev.jpg

Steaks 01-18-2012 02:47 PM

it will just turn into a pvp shit talk fest

and filled with assholes , i dont want it imo , i dont care if theres 40 people on the server

you can make a CHANNEL id be fine with that

we should have an auction channel and a lfg channel

but staff has already told us they are ignoring everyone and everything and basically do not care at all

Nirgon 01-18-2012 02:50 PM

As far as yellow text? I could give a shit.

Take a screen shot and post it in RNF = way better.

hagard 01-18-2012 02:50 PM

Can you make chat channels on emu

El Culo 01-18-2012 02:51 PM

bloobs are scared of being embarassed by yt/ooc

Srs Not Ames 01-18-2012 03:20 PM

This post was in no way about yellow text. That is a different argument for a different time.

We need global OOC with this population, period.
If you think otherwise then you must not understand how server populations work. Say your friend wants to start playing on the server, So he makes a level one ogre warrior. He zones into the ferrortt to find that hes the only person in the zone below lvl 40! Oh how fun, let me solo this warrior that has no gear from 1-12 in till i want to venture off to a far away zone that might be empty as well! I hate finding groups in a easy and accessible way! I rather have the least fun possible and spend 10 years trying to solo my melee character to mid-levels.

Someone named Bashur who has 57,000 youtube subs started playing on this server and live streaming it. With him announcing that he is currently playing this to his sub base - It could prove to be a HUGE boost to our community. Now this is the shit part.. He originally rolled a character on red only to find that he was the only person who was in the zone. He said it was so dead that he had to quit the red server and just re-roll on blue where the server pop is much higher. IF global OOC was enabled, When he logged on he would of been greeted with a robust global channel with tons of people looking for groups, trading etc and not would of felt like he was basically playing an RPG game by himself.

So why the FUCK do we not have this shit yet?

Supreme 01-18-2012 03:23 PM

Server is fine the way it is.

Be glad there is a PVP server at all.

hagard 01-18-2012 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Srs Not Ames (Post 526983)
This post was in no way about yellow text. That is a different argument for a different time.

We need global OOC with this population, period.
If you think otherwise then you must not understand how server populations work. Say your friend wants to start playing on the server, So he makes a level one ogre warrior. He zones into the ferrortt to find that hes the only person in the zone below lvl 40! Oh how fun, let me solo this warrior that has no gear from 1-12 in till i want to venture off to a far away zone that might be empty as well! I hate finding groups in a easy and accessible way! I rather have the least fun possible and spend 10 years trying to solo my melee character to mid-levels.

Someone named Bashur who has 57,000 youtube subs started playing on this server and live streaming it. With him announcing that he is currently playing this to his sub base - It could prove to be a HUGE boost to our community. Now this is the shit part.. He originally rolled a character on red only to find that he was the only person who was in the zone. He said it was so dead that he had to quit the red server and just re-roll on blue where the server pop is much higher. IF global OOC was enabled, When he logged on he would of been greeted with a robust global channel with tons of people looking for groups, trading etc and not would of felt like he was basically playing an RPG game by himself.

So why the FUCK do we not have this shit yet?

What about the poor noob erudite who can't broadcast for a port out of tox? STUCK FOR LIFE

Grozmok 01-18-2012 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hagard (Post 526988)
STUCK FOR LIFE

Forever alone...

+1 to custom chat channels for the vztz and bloobs