Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Starting Zone (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   "Spyware" dll in P99's patch files. (/forums/showthread.php?t=408890)

Calmethar 10-06-2022 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crawdad (Post 3515391)
You got me all riled up with talk of broken laws but now you get all shy? You're a terrible fluffer my dude.

No matter if you buy a product or not, the same laws apply. Depending on the country, of course. P99 has a decent scale, so this spyware affects quite the number of people, who're for the most part entirely without knowledge of actually being surveilled. That's quite illegal, and has only been ongoing for so long, as 99.9 % doesn't actually know, or doesn't know the actual scale of it.

Rogean 10-06-2022 01:59 PM

If you think what we're doing is bad, wait until you see what companies like Daybreak, Blizzard, and Riot are doing. Wooo boy does it pale in comparison.

But no, we are not collecting your processes/windows. The DLL gets flagged by Antiviruses because it uses obfuscation technologies. Those technologies are also commonly used by viruses, so if an AV company decided to blacklist sections of the obfuscation code, then it will flag. We do attempt to improve that by code signing and reporting to the AV companies when needed.

Crawdad 10-06-2022 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calmethar (Post 3515403)
who're for the most part entirely without knowledge of actually being surveilled

My guy did you try Googling "p99 spyware"? Maybe check the dates given with the links? Somehow miss all the websites hosting comments on it? Shield your eyes when it displayed www.project.1999.com? Chant dark verses and gnash your teeth when it gave Rogean as the commenter?

Hideousclaw 10-06-2022 02:31 PM

this ragefest smells of someone who got caught boxing and is big sad mad bad about it. seek help not boxing, or be better at it and dont use the same computer dummy

Menden 10-06-2022 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hideousclaw (Post 3515429)
this ragefest smells of someone who got caught boxing and is big sad mad bad about it. seek help not boxing, or be better at it and dont use the same computer dummy

Jibartik 10-06-2022 04:01 PM

OP just buy the nike's.

Goldknyght 10-06-2022 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calmethar (Post 3515348)
Playing on P99 should come with a warning of P99 forcing you to download their DLL injection file called "dsetup.dll".

The modification of this file means that they can basically see every window you have open.

So essentially "laws" are being broken to uphold "rules".

Most will probably agree, that that's quite the slippery slope. Or at least everyone actually valueing their privacy or at least their right to privacy.

P99 should probably spend their donation money on a decent lawyer by now, as this is very invasive and quite illegal in most countries.

Just to let everyone know. Carry on.

this is a govt spy. 40 posts and now is questioning spyware haha. guess he works for the CIA and is telling us how they are doing it. just a heads up. so thanks i guess but we already know blizzard example here.

https://youtu.be/B3TpkbC6uaI

Spithridates 10-06-2022 06:35 PM

Say "quite" again.

Goldknyght 10-06-2022 06:44 PM

shouldnt this thread be moved to rants and flames?

Chortles Snortles 10-06-2022 06:54 PM

Rogean, can I have please have a copy of my nudes folder from three computers ago. Thanks in advance.