Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Any plans for a second server? (/forums/showthread.php?t=37483)

Troy 05-20-2011 08:40 AM

That's what I was saying - everyone is sitting in the boring safe outdoor zones making it difficult if not impossible to get a dungeon group together. Because nobody wants/needs any mid-level dungeon drops - they just want EZMode to lvl 50+ and all other content is virtually ignored. Isn't that what WoW is like?

Eldaran 05-20-2011 08:44 AM

There has been a huge influx of new people and they (including me) will be mid level soon. Be patient or reroll and help other people level up.

b33tlejuice 05-20-2011 09:36 AM

there's already another classic server up if I remember right, and not many people play on it, granted it's not by the same creators that we have here, and I'm not going to mention the name cuz I don't want some mod getting all HULK SMASH!! like on me, but im pretty sure it has the word classic, in it's name.

mala 05-20-2011 10:27 AM

me and a large group of RL friends just started a week or so ago, and we are all about lvl 20. Soon we'll catch up and we'd love to have another, ill send you a tell in game.

Remember you'll be at the top one day too, the fun is getting there.

Messianic 05-20-2011 10:41 AM

Yeah it sucks to not be in that first wave of people who experienced all the content together - but a new server would split the server and create a mediocre experience for everyone. Maybe a couple years down the road when this server stops at Velious and takes on custom content or aspects of Luclin/PoP...but honestly p99 probably will be just like eqlive was - a one-time deal.

Make good with what you can while you can.

Ihealyou 05-20-2011 10:44 AM

It seems like twinking is a lot more rampant here than I remember on live. Its possible I was so nub that I didn't notice it, but I don't remember ever seeing someone with 20k of gear in crushbone. All the rich guys I was jealous of wore fine plate with kodiak claws. The black chainmail was sexy as fuck too.

Regardless, creating a second server before there's 3k+ people playing is a bad idea.

redghosthunter 05-20-2011 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falkun (Post 294921)
You don't think people busted their ass to 50 in whatever the first round charge was and then sat raiding planes for the next 6 months?

Why do you think that people weren't L50 in the first month of P99?

A whole wave of people have quit P99 because Kunark took ~2yrs to release here. A second wave of people who have found P99 are the hardcore raiders now (it might even be more waves than that). Its called turn-over, and it exists everywhere, not just the working world. You are entering when the "job force" on this server is just getting all the Kunark raid mobs on farm, and the server raiding population is still in the mid-high 50s. In a few months, 90% of raiders will be L60. Then you'll see a resurgence of twinks/rerolls as the top end gets boring except for raid night.

As Ark pointed out, your in their world now, stop screaming "ME ME
ME".

Well said

azeth 05-20-2011 10:49 AM

I do side with those who're identifying that it's unnecessary to wipe the server just to accomodate folks who missed the launch. Though, I think we'd all be surprised at the amount of folks who'd do it all over again Classic-Kunark if for instance the DB was wiped right now.

mala 05-20-2011 10:50 AM

"Its possible I was so nub that I didn't notice it, but I don't remember ever seeing someone with 20k of gear in crushbone"

hehe i was so nub back than(and young), that thats ALL i remember seeing. Drooling over teh people wearing CoF, Fungi etc. seemed like common place. I never got upset about it though, it was those players right to do that with all the work they put in, and truthfully i always wished i coulda done the same thing hehe.

but yea hopefully they wont do a new server, this place is really great as it is.

Troy 05-20-2011 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azeth (Post 294996)
I do side with those who're identifying that it's unnecessary to wipe the server just to accomodate folks who missed the launch.

On the other hand, isn't that why this server was created in the first place? :p