Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   New UI's For Green? (/forums/showthread.php?t=336273)

Leifer7inches 10-14-2019 11:37 AM

I logged in and played on the Beta, mostly to see what the new UI would look like. However, they must not have updated that yet for the current Beta because you could still move windows and boxes around and it looked pretty much the same as it does for me on Blue.

XP was very fast so I couldn't earn enough coin to keep up with the spells I needed to purchase. I didn't encounter any noticeable bugs.

Lonedrahon25 10-14-2019 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apex (Post 2984383)

I'm unable to get this to work. Did you load it into the default UI, or create your own then changed to that?

Gustoo 10-14-2019 11:46 AM

You guys, NO UI's are supported for green except the default non classic custom velious ESQUE UI

I don't know if it is confirmed anywhere but I think this is what is intended to be used for the rest of the server history, which is a cryin shame.

Lonedrahon25 10-14-2019 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gustoo (Post 2984400)
You guys, NO UI's are supported for green except the default non classic custom velious ESQUE UI

I understand that custom UI's are not supported, but he said he got it to work. Thus my question to him.

Apex 10-14-2019 11:50 AM

I have customized it

https://i.imgur.com/r5WDlS5.jpg

Gustoo 10-14-2019 11:55 AM

I hope that staff can weigh in on the UI question it impacts game play a lot.

Indecisive 10-14-2019 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apex (Post 2984409)
I have customized it

I wouldn't get used to this, that's why there's a beta. However you did it, I'm sure is likely to be ironed out by launch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gustoo (Post 2984413)
I hope that staff can weigh in on the UI question it impacts game play a lot.

They already did. Rogean said, in no uncertain terms, that there will be no custom UI's on Green. I quoted him and linked to the thread on the first page.

loramin 10-14-2019 12:07 PM

Also, they've explicitly stated that Green Beta does NOT have the latest UI code. Therefore, just because you can "hack Green" (Beta) right now, it does not mean you'll be able to use custom UI on Green.

We all just have to wait for the players that are furiously trying to perfect the classic UI in time for launch, and then at some point after that the devs will apply that work to Green/Green Beta ... and presumably it will be "locked down" then also.

Lonedrahon25 10-14-2019 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loramin (Post 2984430)
Also, they've explicitly stated that Green Beta does NOT have the latest UI code. So just because you can "hack Green" (Beta) right now, it does not mean you'll be able to use custom UI on Green.

We all just have to wait for the players that are furiously trying to perfect the classic UI in time for launch to finish their work, and then at some point after that the devs will apply that work to Green/Green Beta ... and presumably it will be "locked down" then also.

You talking about the 800x600 box UI?

loramin 10-14-2019 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonedrahon25 (Post 2984432)
You talking about the 800x600 box UI?

No, resolution will not be fixed (AFAIK). I'm talking about the (currently in progress) classic "skin".

(Again, AFAIK) Green will have an adjustable UI. You will be able to have any screen size, and you will be able to adjust the size of the panels. However, the UI of those panels will be fixed, and you will not be able to /loaduiskin to change to a custom one.

I believe it's all modeled after the UI that was introduced in Kunark, before the custom UI (which Titanium is based on), but after the classic UI (which Titanium can't do).