Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Luclin Models Blocked (/forums/showthread.php?t=189549)

Xaanka 07-07-2015 04:40 PM

too long, didn't read the thread, but luclin models are widely used on red server because they allow you to crouch yourself out of tStaff procs in PVP giving a significant in-game advantage worse than any commonly modified game files (human skele maps etc) which may explain this decision.

kaev 07-07-2015 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wormed (Post 1966609)
I know you're technically on my side when it comes to Luclin models but... yo bro, Dwarf model is awesome as fuck!!!!

Opinions are like... elbows?

keysmash 07-08-2015 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaev (Post 1966567)
* Iksars went from cool looking lizardman warriors to really stupid-looking juiced bodybuilders with spray-on scales & rubber masks & tails.

Everyone got swoled out like that. Which looks completely ridiculous in robes. With the popped collars, it's like Jersey Shore with wizards.

Madbad 07-08-2015 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xaanka (Post 1966663)
luclin models are widely used on red server because they allow you to crouch yourself out of tStaff procs in PVP .

someone confirm this

xblade724 07-08-2015 04:21 AM

This is dumb. Yea no difference to what's on your screen. No different than being racist, etc. If it doesn't effect you, anyone that gives a shit is pretty much has Hitler Mentality.

Want to whine about classic? Bye bye item links, new UI, zone queues, hello bard selos root break, item clickies in Pvp... The list goes on. Modern classic is BETTER. Esp if it doesn't effect you, stop giving shits.

Should we take away the texture pack too? Lower resolution to 800x600 max? Extend zone load times? Non transparent UI that takes up 75% the screen?

People want game play experience and the visual experience is to each his own like UI. I'd take a EQ next gfx pack if it existed as long as the game play remains. Hell I'd love lives spell gfx (which existed before til p99 nerfbatted) .

elkay 07-08-2015 12:23 PM

Don't forget, everyone needs to purchase a 4:3 CRT monitor.

Ele 07-08-2015 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xblade724 (Post 1967374)
This is dumb. Yea no difference to what's on your screen. No different than being racist, etc. If it doesn't effect you, anyone that gives a shit is pretty much has Hitler Mentality.

Shadows. Nightvision. Multiple chat windows.

It does affect me and everyone else, even more so in PVP settings.

Quote:

Want to whine about classic? Bye bye item links, new UI, zone queues, hello bard selos root break, item clickies in Pvp... The list goes on. Modern classic is BETTER. Esp if it doesn't effect you, stop giving shits.

Should we take away the texture pack too? Lower resolution to 800x600 max? Extend zone load times? Non transparent UI that takes up 75% the screen?
Yes.

Sage Truthbearer 07-08-2015 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xblade724 (Post 1967374)

Actually I would be pretty psyched if the removed item links and forced a classic UI.

But at the end of the day I also know that all of this is some other guy's project, not mine. My opinion on how much "classic" feels right is neither here nor there. I'm just lucky to get to play here.