Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Request for a different policy on (game-changing) specific item camps (/forums/showthread.php?t=33197)

Hanzo 04-23-2011 03:20 PM

Imitation, highest form of flattery. Now you're just grabbing straws. I wonder how well this helps proving your point of view to be the correct one?

Spoiler: It doesn't. Keep trying.

Odeseus 04-23-2011 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kika Maslyaka (Post 273494)
the camp is ALWAYS communal property - you not controlling it, you only BORROWING from a community for a short time, and you expected to hand it over to next person in line when you done. So spot bitching and tell your friends to get in line

This is the whole point that you apparently are missing. WHO exactly is expecting you to hand over the camp? Kika, people with your perspective are expecting that. Everyone else is not.

And to reiterate for the thousandth time, why is YOUR expectations the only one that matters? I had to learn this lesson the hard way when I got all bent outta shape after the Kunark launch. My expectations were not met then, but it is my own fault for creating expectations that did not conform to reality.

Your expectations are at fault (apparently) because camps do not work the way that you expect them to. This is because the majority of the players decided (perhaps unconsciously) that the "beach party" model was the way that this server would go, instead of the "waiting in line" model. You could argue that your model is superior all day, but it won't change the reality. Just like people would agree that alternative fuels are superior to imported oil. But good luck changing almost 100 years of dependance on oil. It isn't going to happen overnight and it certainly isn't going to happen by raging and flaming everyone who doesn't drive a hybrid or electric car. You are just going to piss them off and they will ignore you.

Another thing, who exactly is holding this magical list of yours? The group that is there? If so, how can you claim to be the arbiter of something you do not have? If you hold it, what prevents you from tweaking it to your own wants? Since it does not actually physically (or digitally) exist, there is no proof of anything at all. It is like arguing about unicorns. One person says they always have sparkles and another person says only certain ones do. You cannot prove it one way or the other because unicorns do not exist to confirm or deny either claim.

Anyway, writing all that probably wasn't worth my time but I needed a post count +1

Salty 04-23-2011 08:26 PM

That's exactly what we need, GM enforced camps.

Amazing idea; I'm sure Uthgaard won't cause any problems with that.

thefloydian 04-23-2011 08:26 PM

This thread is embarrassing.

soup 04-23-2011 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kika Maslyaka (Post 273487)
Ironic post. Not only do your views NOT reflect reality, they are also loaded with self entitled bullshit.

Seriously, your attitude is VERY close to one of "I deserve whatever I want simply because I want it!"

You are completely out of touch with what is actually going on. To be honest, it seems like you don't even have a character that would have any business at any of these contested camps

If you're going to just copy & paste my words, at least do so in a manner that makes sense.

This is even worse than "I know you are, but what am I?! I know you are but what am I?!"

You can call the sky green all day, but it wont change the fact that it's blue.

soup 04-23-2011 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h0tr0d (shaere) (Post 273367)
Most of eq camps revolves around waiting in line. We wait in line, until it is our turn. We create 'lists'.

And yes, that is why I said it would be ridiculous. I don't think the fish works, unless it is the ONLY spot for fish. The best fishing spot implies there are other good spots around, but we were not talking about exp camps, we were talking about loot camps, no? If it was the only camp site in the world, do you honestly think it would work that way? Or would the law step in to create waiting lists, and reservations to avoid incidents. Go to a gym, and play some b ball. Some gyms hey pick 'next'. Some have sign up sheets they use for 'next'. Some times the sheets are frauds as they sign up 6 times with nicknames to ensure they get their team. Whenever people waiting for 'next' got passed over, I saw fights. Or gym management get involved, because they had established rules concerning 'next' because of said fights.

At this gym, the rules they chose to use are that whoever is at the camp and currently owns it continues to own it for as long as they want and can invite whoever they want or pass to whoever they want. It's really that simple.

All these analogies of "IRL the owner of the establishment uses lines!" are retarded because the owner of the establishment has set the rules. Saying "IRL it's like this!" means nothing when the people who are running the show here say it doesn't work like that.

Labyrrinth 04-24-2011 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salty (Post 273841)
That's exactly what we need, GM enforced camps.

Amazing idea; I'm sure Uthgaard won't cause any problems with that.

DTs for all !!! :):)