Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   How to save red (/forums/showthread.php?t=266689)

Topgunben 02-25-2017 12:47 PM

How to save red

I know how to save Red. Allow characters to be copied from blue to red, so the character can still be played on BLUE.

this could breathe much needed life into Red, and make the server an option again.

Almuderas 02-25-2017 12:49 PM

That's an option, yeah.

My personal opinion is that to save red we gotta have Deity or Race PvP.

B4EQWASCOOL 02-25-2017 12:50 PM

I'd be fine with that if they copy over naked. Don't need a bunch of blue neckbeards running around nearly immortal.

Topgunben 02-25-2017 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B4EQWASCOOL (Post 2475781)
I'd be fine with that if they copy over naked. Don't need a bunch of blue neckbeards running around nearly immortal.

maybe melee classes can keep weapons and chest slot? items are a rather trivial matter in the grand scheme of things anyway, so I dont really care.

xKoopa 02-25-2017 01:46 PM

make it classic only with rallos ruleset

classic alot more fun for pvp anyway

ZiggyTheMuss 02-25-2017 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Troll (Post 2475849)
pvp servers had NO staff involvement on live and were fine.

You obviously never played on a pvp server on live.

NegaStoat 02-25-2017 03:12 PM

Red has had several chances for population expansion. At one point a server staff member was advocating that people try it on the General board whole heartedly while forbidding blue players from doing the same on the pvp board. That aside, the campaign effort was made to get people to try it and...

Many people just didn't like it. EQ is not a game created from the ground up with PvP as its intent and it shows. More than that, the red community wasn't on the same page with the staff member in getting people to try it. Some players made very generous offers of cheap or free gear and resistance jewelry, while many many more players just griefed the new players logging in.

I think the single most important step in getting people to try Red would be authentic testimonials of someone having a GOOD experience on the server from a character's start to the middle level ranges. People met, places hunted, and yes, PvP fights that went well or went poorly but were fun. I've seen very little effort with this topic, and it's hard for a new player to see that it could be a fun place if there's very little evidence to show them that it can be a fun experience.

Also, the PvP forum boards being a cesspool of human depravity doesn't help the server's case at all.

Jauna 02-25-2017 04:26 PM

The only way to save RED is to make PvP consensual.

awfal 02-25-2017 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B4EQWASCOOL (Post 2475781)

Top-end red players have more pixels than top-end blue players due to the low pop aka 'less mouths to feed'.

Cwall 146.0 02-25-2017 08:51 PM

i don't think gear would help the 99% of blue players that have no idea about pvp mechanics

that said, the red server is beyond saving and needs to be taken out back