Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Red Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   NECROS IN VELIOUS? (/forums/showthread.php?t=164348)

Devours 09-05-2014 02:56 PM

NECROS IN VELIOUS?

Yap.

So on a super basic level, necros are underpowered right now for PVP, from what I've heard it's due to dispellable DOTS and long cast times. How do they fare in Velious PVP?

HippoNipple 09-05-2014 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devours (Post 1605344)
Yap.

So on a super basic level, necros are underpowered right now for PVP, from what I've heard it's due to dispellable DOTS and long cast times. How do they fare in Velious PVP?

Gear may allow fights to go longer (Melee DPS will be higher though so probably not much longer).

I would say your struggle against melees will get slightly worse.

You may close the gap slightly with other casters because of more hps and resists on gear. Longer the fight better for a necro vs druid/wiz. It really depends on how the extra resists work with nukes, and that is unknown.

Colgate 09-05-2014 03:40 PM

when they patch in the new resist and AC code, pretty much every class will drop in power except for necro

Eslade 09-05-2014 03:45 PM

Can't get any worse amirite?
Necros in Velious sounds like a cool movie btw. Starring Chris Tucker and Eddie Murphy.

Visual 09-05-2014 04:29 PM

Do pets reflect live damage in pvp ie negligible ?

Considering pets are situational (cast time, mana, limits your ability to navigate certain areas), I don't see why there can't be some adjustments made in the spirit of balance. It is a double edged sword anyways, seeing as how it makes you a higher priority target as a result (see: Mages of vztz).

Eslade 09-05-2014 04:32 PM

How to deal with necro pets in pvp;
Use fear,
If that doesn't work try root.
Profit.

Thrilla 09-05-2014 05:01 PM

well played necro should kill any caster now, provided they are equally geared they are nowhere near as powerful as live and that has been a turn off to most people playing the class here. You can get kills with trucidation, but they're not great in mass pvp just a low impact class if you're talking skirmishes on this box like 1v1 3v3, they're just as good.

i had recently switched from bis geared wiz to necro just cuz every1 and their aunt rolls wiz here, they can do well.. maybe the added hp/mana will help vs melees

Not Salem 09-05-2014 05:12 PM

necro's good class many bad necro's though (not directed at Thrilla)

Zalaerian 09-05-2014 05:19 PM

if they go thru with dispell revamp necros will become gods in velious

Zalaerian 09-05-2014 05:20 PM

also necros are good now...just a TON of bad ones