Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Red Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   No need to face opponent for hitting in melee? (/forums/showthread.php?t=54702)

oldfish 11-17-2011 04:11 AM

No need to face opponent for hitting in melee?

Is this correct?

This was one of the major things you had to do back in pvp classic when casting, attempting to hit someone in melee, to make sure you were facing opponent.

If you remove this, you remove alot of the tacticity of moving around, in fact i dont think theres a point in trying to move under that system, just stand in front of each other and let the game play...

Kain 11-17-2011 04:14 AM

"You can not see your target"

The melee part seems to still be there but now that you mentioned I remember this too.

If you started casting and the guy went behind you, well too bad you got a casting cooldown and have to cast again.

If /face was removed for some "keep it classic" reason,then might as well do this to all casters too. Either that or let melees attack 360 just like casters.

Although it appeared that I only swung my sword forward in reality my blade went full circle. The hand is quicker than the eye >.>

I'm hoping that they just put /face back in though...

oldfish 11-17-2011 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kain (Post 466807)
"You can not see your target"

The melee part seems to still be there but now that you mentioned this I recall this too.

If you started casting and the guy went behind you well too bad you got a casting cooldown and have to cast again.

Im fighting in innothule right now testing it. I can stand with my back to someone and hit him in melee. Not classic and not good at all IMO. It cheapens the whole combat system, dodging people with direction was a huge part of combat back on classic.

Darwoth 11-17-2011 04:25 AM

yeah i mentioned this a while ago, cant remember why it was changed but that was one of the things that balanced out small race melees vs ogres etc and just general jousting/strafing skill in melee vs melee combat.

oldfish 11-17-2011 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darwoth (Post 466815)
yeah i mentioned this a while ago, cant remember why it was changed but that was one of the things that balanced out small race melees vs ogres etc and just general jousting/strafing skill in melee vs melee combat.

I dont see how thats balancing jousting at all though, theres just no jousting anymore now.

I was fighting a SK in innothule and at some point it dawned on me that i was forced to tank him or run because there was no way for me to try to get a hit in without him hitting me. Theres no jousting, you either stand there and let the game play for you or kite someone. Its gonna make melees vs melees boring IMO, although they will probably like that its easy mode to hit casters since they cant dodge you like they did on classic.

Kain 11-17-2011 04:39 AM

So I'm not gonna see /face
Joust Fix
Caster Fix

Damn you! Damn you all to hell! Arghg25#gg*(fjumbledmesshere)(grrr

purest 11-17-2011 04:48 AM

wow this kid is still crying about the /face thing?

Kain 11-17-2011 04:50 AM

Purest, can you let me have my fun and get off my nut sack? Kthx

Darwoth 11-17-2011 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldfish (Post 466824)
I dont see how thats balancing jousting at all though, theres just no jousting anymore now.

I was fighting a SK in innothule and at some point it dawned on me that i was forced to tank him or run because there was no way for me to try to get a hit in without him hitting me. Theres no jousting, you either stand there and let the game play for you or kite someone. Its gonna make melees vs melees boring IMO, although they will probably like that its easy mode to hit casters since they cant dodge you like they did on classic.

i was agreeing with you

Nune 11-17-2011 06:06 AM

can tell you for a factoid ive been casted on without the caster facing me in beta