Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   No UI on character select screen (/forums/showthread.php?t=184987)

Ninjerk 03-11-2015 09:14 PM

No UI on character select screen

Ever since having created my first character on blue, I haven't been able to do anything in my client except enter the world with my originally created character because the UI isn't displayed. Reading a bit on EQEmulator reveals that a select few people have had the same problem over the years. Most of their requests for help went unanswered, but I saw a suggestion that perhaps because of resolution issues the UI could be drawn on a part of the screen that the window doesn't display.

I noticed in a UI file that there's some kind of UI position option for 800x600. Is there a way to tinker with 640x480 (since that's the only resolution I can get functional anways).

myriverse 03-12-2015 10:40 AM

http://www.lavishsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9948

You will want to change the values in the CharacterSelect XML file for whichever UI you use. Changing the values in an INI file will not work.

Ninjerk 03-12-2015 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myriverse (Post 1817533)
http://www.lavishsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9948

You will want to change the values in the CharacterSelect XML file for whichever UI you use. Changing the values in an INI file will not work.

Thanks for the response! While I was waiting for the thread to be approved (thanks mod, sorry for the double post!), I started digging through the files and found in the directory containing the UI (/uifiles Ithink?) there was a folder called "default" and a folder called "default_old." I renamed the first to "default_new" and the other to "default" and now the UI properly resizes itself (I think I have my resolution on 1024x768 now, as I found an old thread on EQEmulator that suggested trying this first) during the EULA acceptance, SOE splash screen, Login, and Character Select.