Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Red Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Project Zek Is Going Live (/forums/showthread.php?t=44202)

Castle 08-01-2011 02:02 AM

Project Zek Is Going Live

When?

Amuk 08-01-2011 02:03 AM

Everybody's playing red69 eqpvp.com, sry bro.

muffins 08-01-2011 02:14 AM

I think freak will be taking the time to fine tune things before he puts it out there as to not ...sully...ahem... the name of pvp servers.

Castle 08-01-2011 02:18 AM

Amuk, not interested in another fail server. I had my fill with VZTZ. Fail Box 2.0 (R69) only has 1/3 to 1/2 the population VZTZ had.

I think VZTZ with fixes and a dedicated GM is better than some of the stuff I've been hearing on vent about R69.

Muffins, didn't he say yesterday it'd be out today?

JayDee 08-01-2011 02:40 AM

Macken will play

Halister 08-01-2011 04:17 AM

What have you been hearing about R69 on vent? Haven't played on Images servers before but what i've seen so far on R69 is pretty good. Lot's of things are fixed like AC and stats. Seems to be active on fixing things and helping people get lost corpses etc.

Thanks for the servers pals, hoping at some point we can find that one server to rule them all.

fiegi 08-01-2011 05:06 AM

server seems pretty good, at the very least there are 2 active gm's that are on to help and fix things. as long as they keep it as classic as possible (which is a lot of stuff to change) it has a shot

freakyuno 08-01-2011 07:27 AM

I had the server up for about 8 hours yesterday. :) I took it down last night to work on some database issues, and bring it up to the latest version of EQEmu. I'm putting the finishing touches on some stuff, and it'll be back up today.

Secrets was kind enough to give me the database from the VZTZ server as it was in place, so currently I'm digging through that for the fixes it contains.

Castle 08-01-2011 07:48 AM

Will the characters, levels, and their gear be in tact as well or are you wiping that? I think making people start from scratch will be tough, especially since people just did with this new fail-box (R69.)

The vast majority of people wanted VZTZ (population says it all 3x what R69 is) except they wanted it with a dedicated dev and content management. If you could do that, people would flee R69 in droves. If people have to start over, we could have a split and 2 low pop PvP servers =-/

freakyuno 08-01-2011 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Castle (Post 349688)
Will the characters, levels, and their gear be in tact as well or are you wiping that? I think making people start from scratch will be tough, especially since people just did with this new fail-box (R69.)

The vast majority of people wanted VZTZ (population says it all 3x what R69 is) except they wanted it with a dedicated dev and content management. If you could do that, people would flee R69 in droves. If people have to start over, we could have a split and 2 low pop PvP servers =-/

Everything is in tact, chars, guilds, items, everything. :) I'm debating whether or not I want to leave it that way, considering the amount of duping and hacking that was going on. I've got a lot of work to do, going over the logs, but I promised everyone would get a fair shot. Nobody is going to start on this server banned.

I'm not excited about the 1.7 xp multiplier that was in place, I really want that changed, but it's completly unfair to those that will start on the server, compared to those that speed to 50.

I'll know more in a couple of hours to be honest.