Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Another game using Bard (/forums/showthread.php?t=72600)

Writ3r 04-20-2012 04:09 PM

Another game using Bard

Go to youtube and type in Eden Eternal Bard, it should list quite a few solo AE kiting videos. Reason i found this interesting is because quite a few of the people i know from the EQ world didn't think Bard would ever be utilized again in any other MMO. This one seems to be the most similar to the versatility we see here.

Granted i haven't played/seen a ton of other MMO's, has anyone else seen a similar class in another MMO?

Humerox 04-20-2012 04:18 PM

DAoC Bards:

Bards are the singers of the realm of Hibernia. They use instruments to perform most of their repertoire. Their songs provide nurture and protection during and after battle. In addition, Bards are capable of increasing run speeds for their groups, which proves useful when attempting to outrun the enemy on the battlefield, or for traveling from place to place.

In addition to songs, Bards can also heal and cast spells to enhance themselves and groupmates. They have the ability to stop people dead in their tracks with crowd control spells. Bards can specialize to gain additional healing abilities, area of effect crowd control abilities and offensive abilities (weapons and shout).

Writ3r 04-20-2012 04:24 PM

nice, I guess more accurately to the discussion in which i was referring was the fact of having all of the new age MMO's come out and be rather simplistic in design with classes to never have a bard class again. DAoC was in the era of EQ having been released in 2001. EE was released in 2011 obviously a f2p model, but still offering that depth of the class none the less.

Raavak 04-20-2012 04:26 PM

"Bard's Tale" series of games was all about the bard.

Rust1d? 04-20-2012 10:31 PM

Looks JUST like Florensia

rat slaying inc. 04-21-2012 01:55 AM

Mutiny I say!