Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Enchanter solo spots? (/forums/showthread.php?t=73337)

DevGrousis 04-27-2012 08:36 PM

Enchanter solo spots?

Hey guys, I'm back after a pretty big break, and i've got a mid 41 enc. I love soloing (not opposed to grouping at all) but with whirlwind taking a nerf, what is the most effective way to go about this?

I also have no clue where to solo at? How is the spectre camps outside fear?

Any other spots? I was there for awhile and it got boring. Havent played since Kunark dropped, so I'm not against heading out that way to see whatsup, but I hear the mobs hit way harder, and my pets a little beech :D

What are my best bets for finding groups, as wel?

Thanks guys!

Vermicelli 04-27-2012 10:25 PM

Charm/kill soloing is my fave way to grind it out alone as an Enchanter!

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...d.php?p=632462

The City of Mist, SolB, Lower Guk, or Mistmoore, outside Karnor's Castle, or the Overthere should be good for groups thru your L40's. Maybe deeper Kaesora, but don't count on finding groups already established there. Druids and Mages are excellent duo partners!

houwser 04-27-2012 11:03 PM

I did oggok guards until they went light blue.

Then after that I'd hit up dwarves in BB until they go light blue.

DevGrousis 04-28-2012 06:18 AM

howd you go about it? pet tank?

tarni 04-28-2012 06:35 AM

i for sure would go kill guards in. grobb. they wicked exp.. u get at ya lvl. like 2 to 3 % each kill and they drop avg. 15 pp... from items and cash..
u can sell to vendor there. and bank.. since the guards and vendors. aint on same faction.... u cant use pet.. well u can but no point.
u need to do over 50% damage. to get full exp... charm way better.

just keep the one pet attack rooted all the time. and when one of em is around 10%... just mez the mob u attacked. and brake charm with invis. and if pet is around the 10% healt. he will flee. if u mezz it.... if u only root it. he will attack. ya. since. it then count for 2 mobs ya fighting. and it dosent when it mezzed :)

from lvl 41. can u hit lvl 50 in matter of days on those guards. and u will make around. 20k from selling stuff. on those 9 lvls.

houwser 04-28-2012 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevGrousis (Post 632615)
howd you go about it? pet tank?

Charm solo, one of the posters in this thread put up a good guide in Enchanter subforum on how to do this. Charming is really viable from level 30+. I started my charming experience with the gnolls outside spires of SK/Paw entrance.

tarni 04-28-2012 11:40 AM

charm aint realy worth anything before ya pass lvl 29 since it strip ya for all ya mana.. u need the clarity hehe. charm brake when it feel to :P

i did find the best way to lvl. was. killing halfling guards.... and when hit around 39 42.. then run to grobb.. reay guud exp. and. u get cash. i cant find any better way to lvl.
in lvl 45 u do make like 1 yellow in 1 houre. well less if u know how to do guud with grom is. low agro range fropm the guards.. easy to charm... if u feel for it u can charm the war gm.. and give 2 daggers insain dps but aint sure it worth it now where u need to do over 50% damage. charm kill still best i guess. when u brake charm and kill both

Galanteer 04-28-2012 12:27 PM

another way to exp using charm -called reverse charming.

Tash, root, charm, haste, give two weapons, break charm. Charm new critter, attack hasted critter and break charm before pet is dead, finish off with nuke. 100% exp.

Or just grab a partner since the pet exp loss only applies to solo.

DevGrousis 04-28-2012 03:51 PM

I wasnt aware of this new rule about 51% dmg. When did this happen, and is it like this on live? I never knew :P

Ok i'm gonna give charm soloing a go, i'm actually a little frightened by it :P

tarni 04-28-2012 04:40 PM

man charm is the best way to exp.. and kill fast.. no need to buff. pet.. just let em beat each other down. then nuke hehe just remember to keep the mob ya fighting rooted and ya will be fine and remember to use rune ;:)