Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Red Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Remake discord server (/forums/showthread.php?t=74946)

funhorroryes 05-17-2012 08:32 AM

Remake discord server

PVP red is dead and its no fun anymore.

Delete it and remake the Discord server like it was on live, but make it classic only (or even kunark could be fun) make some EXP mods etc, no /role or /anon and you could even have different types of events etc like death = half your total level loss instead of full level loss etc

and have it on a 2-3 week refresh rate where scores actually matter

have leaderboards and such

i'd play that multiple times for sure

SearyxTZ 05-17-2012 09:09 AM

I would win it again.

Also everyone would quit after the first two weeks like they did on the actual discord server. If item loot is too hardcore for most people, then you better believe full item loot + permadeath is. :)

Wolfgang 05-17-2012 10:56 AM

i had to have gone through at least 10 toons before i quit the first discord server. was fun though.

Beauregard 05-17-2012 11:25 AM

Discord with an exp bonus? I know I could get at least 10 friends to jump right on that.

FoxxHound 05-17-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SearyxTZ (Post 648054)
I would win it again.

Also everyone would quit after the first two weeks like they did on the actual discord server. If item loot is too hardcore for most people, then you better believe full item loot + permadeath is. :)

Yeah I'd ragequit pretty quick.

Wolfgang 05-17-2012 01:00 PM

Ogre Alliance will prevail.

kindred 05-17-2012 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SearyxTZ (Post 648054)
I would hack it again.

SearyxTZ 05-17-2012 06:21 PM

Have never used any sort of hack in EQ. MQ, ShowEQ -- nada. Not even on emu.

However Discord was a hotbed for hacking, and I heard through the grapevine that it was actually allowed on that server just so devs could learn from it.

I was just better + smarter than most players, as was evidenced by the high # of people who ridiculed me for rolling a cleric. Most them not making it past level 10. I will concede that it was hard fighting people who could just warp on top of me after entering a zone, but I spent the last week in Neriak/LGuk where no one else could even go to w/o dying.

SearyxTZ 05-17-2012 06:25 PM

also someone should totally make this box anyway. I'd play it.

Reset every month except for the points total winner who keeps character.

It'd have a horrible population but at least the pvp would be meaningful and the ghost town zones might actually serve as an advantage.

Seaweedpimp 05-17-2012 06:40 PM

Full of faggots afraid to pvp .....

No thanks!

Atleast here people will come at you bro cause all youre gonna lose is a tad of exp, your coin, and the time it takes you to get back to your corpse.