Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Melee (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Drums of the Beast (/forums/showthread.php?t=266022)

Docx 02-17-2017 03:47 PM

Drums of the Beast

I'm open to anyone explaining why a bard would pay more then maybe and this is a stretch, 50-75k for these. It doesn't increase run speed as we are already at max velocity, it increases OoS + Fulfils by a combined 2 and 3 -RM respectively, and it increases our chant dot dmg which is never / rarely used. While the the extra -RM is... nice? I've never had Fulfils land and not had a slow landed afterwards already.

Maybe I'm missing something so I'd love to hear feedback as to why you'd either A want one or B have one and believe it to be of more utility than say a bladestopper which is my next big purchase.

dafier 02-17-2017 05:13 PM

Because it's BEAST!

JK man. Honestly why anyone would buy it at all baffles me.

Siberious 02-17-2017 05:51 PM

My understanding is because it's primary slot, in addition to the best mod on a drum. You can have something in secondary at same time for more stats.

Also less items to swap in and out since you can leave a weapon or shield in OH at the same time. I've barely played my bard so far (lvl 17) and only having to swap instrument with primary is wayyy nicer then taking primary out, then swapping secondary items, then doing it in reverse when you want to take instrument off.

The less swapping = luxury item in a sense so people are willing to pay a lot to more so they don't have to swap so many items around. Looks like a great quality of life item to me. Also SG is one of the few difficult dungeons in the game, so it's not easily farmed by just anyone.

astuce999 02-17-2017 08:15 PM

Boro was on the right track.

This is the rare drop from a super rare mob in the hardest non-raid zone on the server.

Insta click EB (should be targettable but right now is bugged)

Best percussion mod (resists, debuffs, dots)

And yes, as Boro said, the fact that it is primary equippable makes all the difference.

You rarely play chant dots? Is it because you either have to commit to only playing those and not meleeing, or the sheer number of clicks you need to do to melee and play those dots at full power is too much to bear? Well with DotB, it's just hovering your mouse over your primary, and when the chant dot is about to land, you click drums in, and then you click them back out. Just like that, max damage, with a simple double click, no melee dps lost.

They are beastly!

Astuce

Sinadin 02-18-2017 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Docx (Post 2470621)
It doesn't increase run speed as we are already at max velocity,

is this true?

Troxx 02-18-2017 07:54 AM

I'm pretty sure that walrus skin drum gets you just underneath maximum velocity. Selos Drum o' the march puts you at the cap.

Fasttimes 02-18-2017 09:55 AM

When epic offhand comes out you'll get drums bonus plus epic bonus at same time. There's no reason to even use a primary weapon. You'll do more with dots +offhand hits plus all the song bonus including resist and oos minus selos.

sdp00888 02-18-2017 10:09 AM

What does oos stand for?

Fasttimes 02-18-2017 10:10 AM

Occlusion of sound. -mr debuff used to help land slow on bosses.

sdp00888 02-18-2017 08:11 PM

I can understand why Dotb would be a sought after item but 200k+ is insane imo