Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Melee (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   How does new agro/chaining effect bard swarm kites? (/forums/showthread.php?t=271210)

SDWV 04-19-2017 10:11 AM

How does new agro/chaining effect bard swarm kites?

I never got into swarm kiting even though I'm a Bard as my main (level 30) for a year now (Yes, I level slow).

How does the new agro mechanics effect swarming? Is it harder to gather up 25 mobs? Also do people still gather insane amounts of mobs (50+) and burn them down or do they just take 25 and go from there?

faurkingsheep 04-20-2017 05:04 AM

How does the new agro mechanics effect swarming?
If you run too far away from your pull they'll de agro. Way to circumvent this is to zig zag or just watch ur pull to make sure u dont get to far.

Is it harder to gather up 25 mobs?
Takes a lil longer now since u have to pay attention to where ur pull is.

Also do people still gather insane amounts of mobs (50+) and burn them down or do they just take 25 and go from there?
If I were releveling a bard id still gather 50+ and burn them down. they just die 25 at a time.

P.S. at 30 id highly recommend going to FV. the mobs are extremely easy the pull since they social agro. dont be afraid if some are red con they just take a lil longer to kite. FV is probably the pinnacle of bard aoe kiting. Just keep charm up if u agro a froglok and send it into ur pull.

edit: And skip the cliff's ledge if u see people exping there so they dont get mad at you for taking all the mobs

thebutthat 04-20-2017 08:06 AM

The new lazy aggro has it's pro's and cons. It forces bards to manage their pulls instead of just zerg pulling and letting mobs run wild from every direction. You see a lot less people complain about being trained in zones like DL. It really become problematic in zones like burning woods. Pulls take much much longer, upwards of 30 minutes sometimes for me. That's the only zone I really noticed a major increase in pull times.

I keep my pulls to 25 now, just because I like to take a little break in between each pull. Steadily aoe'ing for 2 straight pulls is a bit outside of my desired time to kill without being able to mentally reset.

After 54, if you abandon strafing for snare, having 25 is essential since snare won't hit that 26 mob. This isn't a major issue, since most zones favor the strafe anyway. And the ones that don't, usually don't have 25 mobs (velks, CS, WL etc).

falkun 04-20-2017 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faurkingsheep (Post 2509901)
P.S. at 30 id highly recommend going to FV.

I hated FV at that level range. Yes there are drolvargs galore, and yes they social aggro. But their hitbox was also larger than the chickens and cacti in OT, making it much more risky. OT was tailor made for bard PBAOE kiting.

thebutthat 04-20-2017 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falkun (Post 2509941)
I hated FV at that level range. Yes there are drolvargs galore, and yes they social aggro. But their hitbox was also larger than the chickens and cacti in OT, making it much more risky. OT was tailor made for bard PBAOE kiting.

You mid as well get their hitboxing down, because your going need to pull Drovs in DL and kite them in tighter and/or less flat surfaces. If you can get consistent with Drovs, BW, Cobalt Scar, Wakening Lands, and the later more ballsy CoM, Velks, and KC kites are a little less nerve racking the first few times.

SDWV 04-20-2017 09:49 AM

Thanks for the info. I think I'll pull a few Drolvargs and get my distance down before trying a 25+ pull.

syztem 04-21-2017 07:16 AM

coming from a person who has spent a lot of time swarming faction mobs(cov) that have large aggro radius, it is pretty hard to shake them, the more mobs aggro'd the harder. obviously if you selos and just keep running in a straight direction they WILL leash. Few things ive noticed:

If I leave a chant or aoe dots on a few of them before running off, the damage seems to keep them on me longer, if someof them blur and a chant dmg ticks and hits, the rest of them re-aggro immediately. If i get too far away and see they are not chasing, I can run halfway back and they all start charging me again. You can essentially keep any mob from leashing as long as you stay close enough but still OOR of a dragon AoE NP. leashing seems to happen with a chance every tick after a certain distance, zones/distances seem to vary based on that.