Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Screenshots (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Nerf monks?! (/forums/showthread.php?t=268421)

REMEZ 03-15-2017 06:44 PM

Nerf monks?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAa10CY-dT0

WTF?

Fragged 03-16-2017 03:52 AM

Lucky memblur on both mobs with the FD, the continued channeling doesn't reagro if you are out of agro range when the nuke hits or if you are out of line of sight (if you get off the agro table during the channeling that is).

REMEZ 03-16-2017 05:03 AM

Good to know! I have seen strange things like this happen when using FD earlier, but I managed to capture this situation so figured I would share.

derpcake 03-16-2017 05:42 AM

nerf people that use 3rd party tools to keep track of buff timers instead

Jimjam 03-16-2017 09:14 AM

The spell didn't break memblur because she /stand before the spell finished casting, right?

derpcake 03-16-2017 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimjam (Post 2487970)
The spell didn't break memblur because she /stand before the spell finished casting, right?

not really

memblur occured when he used FD, when he stood back up he didn't have agro

the caster mob did not re-agro because it was mid cast

even if it had not been casting, the caster and melee mob didn't re-agro, because he was in range for a very short period, and this was in the correct timeframe (mobs don't agro all the time, its based on a delay, maybe its a quarter of a tick or something, dunno exactly)

enjoy

EQBallzz 03-16-2017 11:03 AM

I think it has to do with being out of LOS when the spell lands. If you were to stay FD or just stand (but still be in LOS) the spell would break FD and because you are still in LOS they re-aggro. Since you got off a successful FD and then moved out of LOS before the spell landed they didn't re-aggro. I'm not sure why there wasn't a re-aggro after standing, however. You looked too close to them for at least one to not re-aggro upon standing (before you got out of LOS).

Also, love your other video pulling the Corrupter of Life. What was the point of that? lol. Here I am pulling the Corrupter of Life from second floor to first floor with cancel magic. Here I am dying to the train I caused from pulling the Corrupter of Life and all the other stuff that aggro'd along the way. lol.

REMEZ 03-16-2017 11:33 AM

Natures Defender

I suicide pulled Corrupter so our monks could split/tag it and bring to our raid. I needed the part he drops for the Natures Defender on my alt. I had no idea if it would work when we tried it, but I have done similar pulls in other zones.
I uploaded the video to show a buddy how it could be done since he wanted the sword aswell.

Clearing your way to him on 2nd floor can be time consuming and many guilds dont bother with it. This was an alternative to clearing 2nd floor :)

Izmael 03-16-2017 11:43 AM

Just discovered your videos and have to say I had a lot of fun watching some of them.

Make more!

EQBallzz 03-16-2017 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by REMEZ (Post 2488056)
I suicide pulled Corrupter so our monks could split/tag it and bring to our raid. I needed the part he drops for the Natures Defender on my alt. I had no idea if it would work when we tried it, but I have done similar pulls in other zones.
I uploaded the video to show a buddy how it could be done since he wanted the sword aswell.

Clearing your way to him on 2nd floor can be time consuming and many guilds dont bother with it. This was an alternative to clearing 2nd floor :)

Ahh ok. The context gives it more meaning. I was like..wtf was the point of that? lol.