Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Would you play on red if: (/forums/showthread.php?t=162584)

SenoraRaton 08-22-2014 05:06 AM

Would you play on red if:

you could transfer characters from blue?

Not sure if this is feasible, but there is a lot of griping about the lack of grouping on red due to low population, to the point that there are xp bonuses to encourage groups. There are also people on blue who are bored with their max level characters. This would probably kill any leveling and lower level PvP for the red server, but it would encourage and entice people to transfer characters over to PvP. A few ways it could be implemented, either just a naked copied character with no gear to prevent tampering with the current red economy, to full on transfers of items/plat/gear/faction etc. Thoughts, ideas, and flames are all welcome.

Bboboo 08-22-2014 05:23 AM

No.

Some people just don't want to PvP. End of story.

Daldaen 08-22-2014 07:11 AM

I'll play on red if the Priest of Order allows me to turn in the book of order and turn off PvP.

Swish 08-22-2014 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daldaen (Post 1586526)
I'll play on red if the Priest of Order allows me to turn in the book of order and turn off PvP.

http://i.imgur.com/abLwD5l.gif

I'm writing that one down :D

stakha 08-22-2014 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bboboo (Post 1586495)
No.

myriverse 08-22-2014 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bboboo (Post 1586495)
No.

But I'll consider it for like $1 million.

Swish 08-22-2014 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SenoraRaton (Post 1586488)
you could transfer characters from blue?

Not sure if this is feasible, but there is a lot of griping about the lack of grouping on red due to low population, to the point that there are xp bonuses to encourage groups. There are also people on blue who are bored with their max level characters. This would probably kill any leveling and lower level PvP for the red server, but it would encourage and entice people to transfer characters over to PvP. A few ways it could be implemented, either just a naked copied character with no gear to prevent tampering with the current red economy, to full on transfers of items/plat/gear/faction etc. Thoughts, ideas, and flames are all welcome.

If it turned the server into a red server with no pvp (everyone silently agreeing not to kill each other) it would be a tragedy. For that reason I don't think it's the solution...but would be nice to see more people try red and learn from the ground up.

Give someone access to their L60 blue enchanter on red and it's not going to be enjoyable for them, lots to learn etc.

Invest in a new red character today pals...

http://i.imgur.com/DkLBQJw.gif

kaev 08-22-2014 08:24 AM

No

Rec 08-22-2014 08:25 AM

If there were actually people to play with....yes

arsenalpow 08-22-2014 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swish (Post 1586556)
If it turned the server into a red server with no pvp (everyone silently agreeing not to kill each other) it would be a tragedy. For that reason I don't think it's the solution...but would be nice to see more people try red and learn from the ground up.

Give someone access to their L60 blue enchanter on red and it's not going to be enjoyable for them, lots to learn etc.

Invest in a new red character today pals...

http://i.imgur.com/DkLBQJw.gif

Enchanter class is pretty awful on this emu. Dispell line restistable past cancel magic, chaotic feedback ultra resisted when it was almost never resisted on live. I was afraid of a good enchanter on SZ, on red it's a joke.