Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Exp camp rules, is there any other than PnP? (/forums/showthread.php?t=85601)

Artaenc 10-05-2012 04:30 PM

Exp camp rules, is there any other than PnP?

This enchanter came in and took my spectre camp because he said I was abviously afk too much as a wizard with no clarity. Then at a later time proceeds to pull 5 spectres and told me that he didn't train me because he was expecting me to take 1-2 of them. Never asked him to pull for me, even had him on ignore for invading my camp in the first place.

So my question is if I am suspecting anyone to be afk too much at an exp camp because they are not killing every single thing at their camp, do I have the right to go in there and wipe out all the mobs?

If the camp was shared, is there such a thing as FTE? I could have sworn that I attacked a spectre first then out of nowhere this enchanter pops in (most likely lag on my machine since i'm playing on a slow notebook with a crappy connection at that time).

I'm scratching my head here because there was a 3rd person that came to camp spectres and this enchanter insisted that he leave.

If you know of rules on this server pertaining to this issue please link. I will look around also.

azeth 10-05-2012 04:36 PM

1. If you are not pulling every mob you are claiming the moment they spawn, you do not have a right to them.
The end.

That guy is a dick though.

Slave 10-05-2012 04:38 PM

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2653

For outdoor static spawns such as spectres, the rules state that if someone is sitting on the spawn point itself, they are entitled to that one mob.

In practice, it usually comes down to how quickly and how well someone is clearing an area. If mobs are staying up a significant amount of time, they are 100% within their rights to take a few after maybe trying to see what's wrong with the camper.

Is it cool to do that? Not really, to the person being supplanted. But is it cool to take a "camp" you can't fully handle, and claim the whole thing? Not really, to the person waiting.

Thana8088 10-05-2012 04:39 PM

^

Pretty much just a "gentleman's agreement" for specs in Oasis; and he's no gentleman.

Slave 10-05-2012 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slave (Post 740954)
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2653

For outdoor static spawns such as spectres, the rules state that if someone is sitting on the spawn point itself, they are entitled to that one mob.

In practice, it usually comes down to how efficiently someone is clearing an area. If mobs are staying up a significant amount of time, they are 100% within their rights to take a few after maybe trying to see what's wrong with the camper.

Is it cool to do that? Not really, to the person being supplanted. But is it cool to take a "camp" you can't fully handle, and claim the whole thing? Not really, to the person waiting.

Slave 10-05-2012 04:40 PM

Oops, this is RnF eh? lol

Artaenc 10-05-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slave (Post 740957)
Oops, this is RnF eh? lol

I was going to post it on the server chat but figured it might end up here anyway.

BigSlip 10-05-2012 06:39 PM

we dont have this problem on red.

it must suck.

Asher 10-05-2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigSlip (Post 741021)

it must suck.

Probably not as much as playing on a server with only 50 others would suck.

Enjoy your worthless server. We don't.

Asher

Jay F Kay 10-05-2012 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigSlip (Post 741021)

it must suck.

Because you have 46 people occupying 93 zones?