Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Stein of Moggok Quest (/forums/showthread.php?t=10496)

HippoNipple 06-25-2010 12:03 PM

Stein of Moggok Quest

I was looking for a good resource to figure out how to get this item. I remember it being fairly cheap for how powerful it was.

As a gnome necro I don't even think I can do the quest alone. Is it possible to hand some quest items to an ogre friend or level 1 character of my own to complete this quest? Does anyone have a guide on how to complete this quest by yourself without evil races or enchanter class character?

Reiker 06-25-2010 12:06 PM

It's not worth it if you're not an enchanter. You would need to spend 100x more time raising faction in Erudin, Freeport, Rivervale, and Oggok than it would take you to farm the 300pp to buy one.

Edit: Also, it takes like 30 seconds to look the quest up on allakhazam to see the items are no drop and the factions you would need to raise to complete the it. A post wasn't really necessary.

Excision Rottun 06-25-2010 12:19 PM

Either level and Enchanter to 12(?) I think it is where you have the necessary illusions / faction spells.

Or buy one for 300pp

Mady 06-25-2010 12:25 PM

That's about the level a friend of mine did it with his enchanter.

Reiker 06-25-2010 12:30 PM

An Agnostic Dark Elf Enchanter could do it as early as level 4 (Illusion Human) on Live, although I'm not sure for P99 as faction is a little different.

FatMagic 06-25-2010 01:52 PM

You definitely can't do it as a Gnome Necro without TONS of faction work (as previously stated).

And generally you need the spell Alliance at level 8 as a DE Agnostic Enchanter to get this to work, most of the time your faction with Clurg is not as good as it should be to fully hand in the quest. Alliance helps to close that gap.

If you need direction on the quest for P99... just PM me. I can explain the process. I've got it down pat. It will take a good amount of time to complete on your own.

Or I can sell you one for 300pp :)

HippoNipple 06-25-2010 01:58 PM

Well I have looked over the quest requirements and I'm going to try to come up with as many of the items x2 as I can: the nut, the fish, the jum juice, etc. on my own and then try to find a level 8 enchanter to help me do the quest twice.

If I get a human warrior to level 3, and a halfling to 2 or so, it looks like I can do the quest pretty quickly with the help of a level 8 enchanter.

I just started yesterday and I don't have the 300pp. A Stein of moggok is a great starting item too.. that should last me for quite some time.

As of now I'm only level 7 so I will probably wait until level 12, then find a partner thats a DE Enchanter 8+ to go through it twice. One question I do have is what items are No Drop that I will not be able to provide for the enchanter before hand?

Thanks for the input guys.

Excision Rottun 06-25-2010 02:06 PM

I started my Necro when the server launched, when no one had any money to throw around.

I made 250pp for mine by level 12.

That honestly may be easier / quicker for you than trying to level 3 chars and get help to quest it

Also, it is lore, why are you trying to get 2?

You might be thinking of the other one, Crude Stein.

HippoNipple 06-25-2010 02:09 PM

Well I figured the level 8 enchanter who helped me would want one as well. Plus if I'm going through it all it seems like getting 2x the quest items woudl be pretty quick.

Reiker 06-25-2010 02:09 PM

Erud's Tonic
Koalindl Fish
Honey Jum
Bartender's Compendium

Read http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=13 and stop looking lazy/dumb.