Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   PvP Bugs (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Spells: root problems killing my guild (/forums/showthread.php?t=174717)

Isoroku 12-14-2014 02:48 PM

root problems killing my guild

recent changes to root have all but fucked the smaller guilds. prepatch root didnt land and smaller teams could go in and have a fighting chance.

recent patch has all but crippled small groups and favors heavily a zerg guild.

pre patch if i wanted to zone 3 people into 8, that was a viable option, we'd pvp get in get out. now i run my 3 people in 8, and we are all tash and rooted and dead. This isn't pvp.

beyond what you think is classic or how it should work, you are basically saying fuck you to smaller guilds who don't want to mass recruit in order to compete you have to think about the bigger picture when you put in resist changes like this.

we need this reverted to old root system asap. there is no fine line here, simply put we need roots not to land and quickly. I'm not going to be able to keep my guild here when the other guild has 5x the active enchanters.

This needs to be emergency reverted to old patch, yesterday. you are going to bleed people very quickly. I can no longer log in and pvp if i dont have a equal raid force of enchanters and shamans.

edit: my entire BiS top tier krew has already started playing new games. The only oldschool "God's Work" left is me and jupe and a few casual people. And my guild is shrinking by the second. Noone can log in and have fun anymore. its root root root root dead.

Colgate 12-14-2014 05:28 PM

i agree

smaller guilds wishing to compete for high end raid targets on red99 simply cannot compete with the current resist code

however, making threads like this is pointless and only serves to probably piss off the few developers that have already helped us out and fixed these issues while they wait for rogean to patch the server

these changes were already stated to not be intentional

Infectious 12-14-2014 05:32 PM

So whats your bug? Where are the logs? When did this happen? Who it happen against? How are you gona post in bugs when you posted nothing but.... Root sticks. Our 3 people cant kill 8 people?

I hope you understand why this post should be deleted/removed from bugs.

Nirgon 12-14-2014 06:20 PM

agree also

blind/stun/root/snare/whirl are crazy atm

bard dots land on 140+ of said resist

shock of lightning and chaotic feedback need to almost always hit

Shit'd be about perfect if all that was changed which is truly saying something :)

Throndor 12-14-2014 06:32 PM

OMG Its not entirely meleequest with the recent changes. This is an outrage. Casters should be harmless speed bumps. I repeat, casters having a fighting chance in PVP is an outrage this much be patched immediately.

JackFlash 12-14-2014 06:33 PM

Clearly a well thought out post by a well respected guild leader.....

Not to say there isn't a problem. But this isn't the way to approach it.

SamwiseRed 12-14-2014 09:28 PM

OP presents no evidence. I am not saying this isnt a problem, I am saying file a proper bug report. MR is working great without debuffs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamwiseRed (Post 1712932)
just casted root on myself over 50 times. resisted everytime with 100 mr. hmm mr def working without debuffs so the few who have said its completely broken need to sober up.

http://i.imgur.com/8CTdx4s.png

http://i.imgur.com/4R7q54N.png

need to test with tash and such still. i also need to test with roots who have no dmg modifier (chanter, wiz, ect) to see if there is a diff. someone else test this shit. sow actually faded btw in screenshots, i was never rooted in case someone wants to be e-detective.

now if only someone had a chanter or sham to test out roots while debuffed and still over 100MR. if only there was some way to test this....

Bazia 12-14-2014 10:42 PM

its all crying from rogues who were so used to rushing 1v8 with ZERO chance of getting caught or killed

to bad so sad the shit was beyond broken before where monks and rogues were 1v8'ing getting 2 kills and plugging at 80% hp with no risks at all

you have an enc shortage because everyone wanted to exploit the fuck out of the fact rogues were broken as hell and unstoppable monsters

"wah wah make rogues gods again or were not going to play not being able to solo 6 non rogues is no fun"

Bazia 12-14-2014 11:04 PM

even funnier that the op is the one who told me prepatch that playing an enc was a waste of time because only 3 classes were viable in pvp and playing anything else was stupid

pras other classes being a thing

Crazycloud 12-15-2014 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamwiseRed (Post 1713277)
OP presents no evidence. I am not saying this isnt a problem, I am saying file a proper bug report. MR is working great without debuffs.

now if only someone had a chanter or sham to test out roots while debuffed and still over 100MR. if only there was some way to test this....

Would like to see 50 fetters and see the difference on root lvl difference