Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Paladin - race? (/forums/showthread.php?t=50879)

Softcore PK 10-06-2011 05:19 PM

Paladin - race?

I'm considering making a paladin when Red99 is released, but I'm having a hard time deciding on a race. I have it down to erudite, half elf and high elf because dwarves are the worst race ever and humans are boring. One thing I'm very interested in is the erudite paladin only armor the creation guide speaks of. What exactly is this armor? If it's quested, could a lot of it be done solo? I've somehow never in my EQ career managed to have more than a few kpp at a time, and as a tank gear will be kind of important.

And any half elf paladins that could tell me how the very, very low wisdom has affected you? I would probably dump all starting points into sta, is there a compelling reason not to? High elf paladins: do you think the extra wisdom you get has been much of a blessing?

Really wish I could just be a gnome paladin.

Dr4z3r 10-06-2011 05:28 PM

Do a barrel roll!

Snaggles 10-06-2011 05:35 PM

The Barnacle Breastplate? That one is a quest and you can find a walk-through either on the Wiki page or Zam.

I helped my wife level her high elf to 55 so don't have other race experience. The dwarf pally has the best stats but I can see if you don't like the look. Doing it again I would prob go Erudite for the unique look but stat-wise they are pretty horrible (hence why they get the Shield of the Stalwart Seas).

Half-elf and High-Elf Tunare diety get the Natures Defender as an option in Velious which is a nice semi-epic weapon.

While the Pally doesnt shine in PvP it does well in melee duels because they can last a long time. The high elves are definitely most blessed in the wisdom dept and since their heals approach the 3/1 ratio (heal to mana) it's not a bad route. Even spending some points in str to help with carrying plate wouldn't leave your blue bar gimped.

Harrison 10-06-2011 10:21 PM

Dwarf paladin is the only paladin.

If you make a different race, you are wrong.

Softcore PK 10-06-2011 11:49 PM

dwarves are gross tbh

mostbitter 10-07-2011 12:55 AM

if you play a paladin that isn't a dwarf then you lost already and if your class choice for a pvp server is a paladin with no gear or friends then you lost twice might as well roll wood elf for a third loss or just kill yourself

SyanideGas 10-07-2011 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harrison (Post 426638)
Dwarf paladin is the only paladin.

If you make a different race, you are wrong.

True statement.

Softcore PK 10-07-2011 01:12 AM

This thread is so not about dwarves.

New question: 1 wis = how many manas for paladins? Is there a formula to figure it out for various levels?

SyanideGas 10-07-2011 01:13 AM

Dwarves are badass though..

Softcore PK 10-07-2011 01:29 AM

I find dwarves ugly. Plus, they're alcoholics and their accent/dialect makes them sound unintelligent.