Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Casters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Monster summoning III (/forums/showthread.php?t=274796)

GuyNumber1 06-01-2017 01:30 AM

Monster summoning III

Is this pet of any use? Is it a better tank than the 57 earth pet?
I know the MS2 pet doesn't have any special abilities, does MS3 have any? Thanks!

Yoink1986 06-01-2017 07:37 AM

57 Earth pet over MS3 all day everyday. MS is just a fun fluff spell to use sometimes to see what you can summon.

dafier 06-01-2017 12:13 PM

MS3 is crap until it gets buffed in Luclin which will not happen on P99.

It is a fluff pet and simply put it is awesome when you summon a rare monster skin from whatever zone you are in. I summoned Inny in PoH a while back and it was funny watching Inny fight Inny.

I also summoned 3 or 4 different dragons in ToV. It was great scaring people with it. I've only seen pictures of it but someone summoned the Sleeper as an MS pet. Now that's cool.

On a side note, P99 has dumbed down mage pets (all pets). They aren't classic at all or era correct. They should all be stronger than what they are.

Bristlebaner 06-01-2017 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dafier (Post 2533264)
MS3 is crap until it gets buffed in Luclin which will not happen on P99.

It is a fluff pet and simply put it is awesome when you summon a rare monster skin from whatever zone you are in. I summoned Inny in PoH a while back and it was funny watching Inny fight Inny.

I also summoned 3 or 4 different dragons in ToV. It was great scaring people with it. I've only seen pictures of it but someone summoned the Sleeper as an MS pet. Now that's cool.

On a side note, P99 has dumbed down mage pets (all pets). They aren't classic at all or era correct. They should all be stronger than what they are.

Any way to back this up? Would be nice to see pets returned to former glory.

dafier 06-02-2017 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bristlebaner (Post 2533562)
Any way to back this up? Would be nice to see pets returned to former glory.

The internet is out there for everyone to explore. Do your own research. But there are several posts on P99 in regards to Mage pets. Maybe that will be a good place to start if you don't want to venture outside of this forum.

GinnasP99 06-02-2017 09:14 PM

I've always heard that emissary of thule isn't nearly as good on here as it was in classic and tend to believe it.

lurk 06-03-2017 09:19 AM

On classic MS pets would take on the abilities of the other pets randomly. Some would cast the fire pet DS on themselves, some would even do an AE proc type thing like DDD. Still pretty shitty, though a MS pet with ds is better than a fire pet. Probably a little known thing that is not in game though.

GuyNumber1 06-03-2017 05:16 PM

That'd be nice. It's pretty disappointing their 60 velious spell is basically useless. Every other class's is significant.

Bristlebaner 06-05-2017 10:34 PM

Probably need to find references online of people comparing pet durability vs a certain mob to get an idea of pet power back on live during this time frame. Will do some digging although not confident they want to mess with pets.

dafier 06-06-2017 01:22 PM

Em of Thule was a beast during this time period. This Necro pet might as well be slightly less than the mage epic. Minus dps of course.

And, yes....to a few more comments. MS series even at the end of Velious was crap. JUST after Luclin released....1 month I think, the MS series got a huge upgrade. Their melee dps was bumped up (I think by just changing STR, DEX and other stats, not sure) and they were given a proc called SumMonsterAttack. The proc rate was high, like 10% or more and it did about 50 damage.

So, if you didn't have your epic pet at this time, Summon Monster 3 was a awesome pet to have. Throw a mask on him, BO4 and DS....it really changed the game for non-epic mages.