Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Priests (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Iksar Regen BP worth it? (/forums/showthread.php?t=276443)

Jeebo 06-25-2017 01:30 PM

Iksar Regen BP worth it?

53 Shaman, only character on the server. No epic, no JBB (Iksar), no Fungi. Not much money.

Should I bother saving for an Iksar BP? Is it even worth my time at this point?

Lhancelot 06-25-2017 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeebo (Post 2546723)
53 Shaman, only character on the server. No epic, no JBB (Iksar), no Fungi. Not much money.

Should I bother saving for an Iksar BP? Is it even worth my time at this point?

Not sure what your natural regen is now, but it's got to be pretty close to wearing a fungi now? Think I'd put the savings towards my torpor or epic fund if I was you.

Tupakk 06-25-2017 02:21 PM

Just get a farming party together. At 53 the camp should be a breeze

loramin 06-25-2017 02:23 PM

I say get either a JBB or an Ikky BP now, because they both can help you get more plat/levels faster. You can always sell them later once you get close to being able to afford your epic or a fungi tunic.

As for which one, I think the extra damage the JBB gives will benefit you more than the 5/hp a tick the BP gives, but I never had an Ikky BP so I can't say for sure.

Troxx 06-25-2017 03:35 PM

Any regen is better than no regen. Ikky bp did my sham well until I could afford a fungi (57 I think).

It's worth every penny.

GreldorEQ 06-25-2017 05:31 PM

I agree that its worth the cash - if you were 10k away from biying an epic or a fungi I would say just keep farming, but if youre a long way from those, the bp will help with levelling and retain its value.

skarlorn 06-25-2017 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tupakk (Post 2546741)
Just get a farming party together. At 53 the camp should be a breeze

While it's probably a decent investment (you won't lose plat by the time you sell it and it will be moderately helpful to you now), Tupakk has a good suggestion.

All you really need is a tracker and a monk to farm this cycle, get a little exp, and maybe more money.

Gumbo 06-25-2017 09:45 PM

You can also look at it this way... Level 54, you can get Cannibalize III. With the Ceremonial Iksar Chestplate, you'll regen some of that lost HP that was converted into mana.

The funny thing about the Ceremonial Iksar Chestplate is the mob that drops the Chestplate, randomly spawned by killing froglok foragers in Trakanon's Teeth and has 2500 HP. The Froglok Foragers has about 6000 HP.

Barm McLir 06-26-2017 08:56 AM

As I used to say on the original Shamans' Crucible -- your chest slot is way too important to waste on stats.

Regen above all.

Doctor Jeff 06-26-2017 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lhancelot (Post 2546728)
Not sure what your natural regen is now, but it's got to be pretty close to wearing a fungi now? Think I'd put the savings towards my torpor or epic fund if I was you.

this is fucking retarded advice. Let's say you make $8/hr already, why would you want a raise of another $5?

At 60 an iksar has 8 more sitting regen than a non-iksar, and any regen is better than no regen. The extra regen you receive from the ikky bp will be noticeable. You are not losing any plat by buying an ikky bp now and selling it later, the price will never change by more than a few k and at level 60 when you need torpor, that will be pennies.

This isn't the housing market, and you're not betting on stocks.

Edit: I am, frankly, flabbergasted at the incredible stupidity of Lhancelot's post.