Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Patch Notes: Monday, February 13th, 2017 (/forums/showthread.php?t=265599)

Baam 02-19-2017 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swish (Post 2467186)
Thank you to the volunteers for all your efforts at making P99 an enjoyable place to play EQ <3

Quote:

Originally Posted by anarch (Post 2470608)
Was Ragebringer fixed? Every other haste item in the game gives cooldown reduction in the game (as it should) but Ragebringer doesn't. Ragebringer reduced backstab cooldown in classic, so please fix it.

Why not just add "haste 40%" to Ragebringer and add the atk and ac to the stats instead of the seething fury effect? That will fix it

PLEASE FIX

renordw 02-19-2017 01:42 PM

To be honest, I don't remember any of these changes on live, but in my opinion they are welcome to save us from bards stealing everything. Now, if only a server could be re-rolled with these rules.

kotton05 02-19-2017 06:09 PM

No amount of changes will ever un do the damage chardok aoe did.

Hiyodori 02-20-2017 04:20 AM

Where to Dl the patch for this?

blondeattk 02-20-2017 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hiyodori (Post 2472003)
Where to Dl the patch for this?

all server side i think ?

Tann 02-20-2017 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tann (Post 2468223)
  • Haynar: Added "lazy aggro" behavior for NPCs. If they get too far from their target, they will no longer chase.
hold my beer... bards can properly swarm (charm) kite now???

No, to answer my own question. Probably because of:
  • Haynar: Added a 30 sec check for dropping aggro if beyond chase distance.

For it to work like kunark era (my memory, [anecdotes intensify]) it would need to be a check every tick. Might work fine for enchanters/druids, but a 30sec check on a song that lasts 18sec taint gonna work.

kaev 02-20-2017 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazie (Post 2467352)
No you could not. Welcome to the noob list Erati. Setting strafe keys wasnt even a thing in classic clients. The only way to strafe was to hold 3 buttons down at once.

Yes, you could outrun mobs using strafe-running.

Two keys (forward plus either left or right) plus mouselook to control your facing and keep you from running in a circle. I was taught that trick during Kunark by some random FPS fan I duo'd with a few times.

stormlord 02-27-2017 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baler (Post 2467381)
You know what's not classic? Precise individual mob movement speeds.
That kind of exact information is gone forever.

Hmm. I remember needing sow to get away from the griffon(s)--the big one was fast--in north karana.

For the poster who said this was EQ copying the extreme lazy anti-train aggro in the newer MMO's, umm, they're incomparable. Kunark especially had huge open zones. It's more likely they got the idea to do lazy-lite mechanics during that time.

But it's true MMO's are copying each other all the time. OOC regen (2006) is much better example. But honestly it's really simple. MMO's tend to copy whatever reduces downtime and whatever increases soloing power. Whatever makes players happy. Unfortunately, in a feverish pace to outcopy others, MMO's lose some of their originality and they all start to look/play the same. I mean, you can't have players from the bigger MMO's coming to your MMO and not knowing what to do, right? So just copy copy copy copy.

Lorglath84 03-07-2017 01:37 PM

Why are mobs not mem-bluring when they get back to their spawn point?

Jimjam 03-07-2017 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baam (Post 2471539)
Why not just add "haste 40%" to Ragebringer and add the atk and ac to the stats instead of the seething fury effect? That will fix it

PLEASE FIX

no, spell ac is not the same as worn ac so that would not be a good fix. Better to remove the haste element only from seething fury (and add that as a second worn effect).