Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What class should I play? (/forums/showthread.php?t=66863)

Anesthia 03-02-2012 01:55 AM

What class should I play?

I've rolled up numerous alts and have found 3 classes I like and would want to play. I have a couple hours per day and kids so I need to narrow it down to one class.

- I like tanking
- I like healing
- I don't like DPSing
- I like being active
- I want to be able to solo
- I want to be useful and desired in groups
- I would like to be unique
- I need to be able to randomly step away from the keyboard to take care of kids

I like them all but can't decide! Thanks for your feedback.

Zuranthium 03-02-2012 02:16 AM

Paladin would probably be best for you.

Bwils 03-02-2012 02:45 AM

Paladins are the least played class on this server. Paladin would be a good choice because you will be unique. Paladins fit everything on that list besides if you wanna solo efficiently you will need good/decent gear. It is always hard to figure out what class to play in everquest, because there is no perfect class. That is what makes this game awesome =).

Galaa 03-02-2012 04:35 AM

If you need to randomly step away from your keyboard to take care of kids, I would suggest a monk.

Holey 03-02-2012 04:38 AM

darkelf enchanter. (hide ftw)

username1337 03-02-2012 04:42 AM

You don't always know if hide works unless you're a rogue. Monk FD guarantees you can always go afk safely at a whim.

SK might be the best fit for you. You can FD, solo alright, heal yourself with taps, be very useful in groups as tank, low dps, etc.

webrunner5 03-02-2012 05:19 AM

All three classes you state are all good to play. But each one in a group is a class you really can't just go AFK a lot.

The Monk will be a puller, Enchanter CC, and Pally Tank. So what happens when you go AFK, the whole group stops?

Maybe you need to be a Wizzy or Necro. I understand the problems with having children. Never know what will happen in the next second. Tough choise.

Yanomamo 03-02-2012 07:02 AM

If you don't like DPSing i'm not sure why one of the options is monk. The monk, however is the absolute best for sudden afks.

Hide is a solid second. To see if it works either target a normally KOS mob and see if it cons indifferent or you can /tar yourself. If it doesn't target you, you have hidden successfully.

The paladin could be nice as it can tank, heal and be unique.

eqravenprince 03-02-2012 09:10 AM

There is only one choice that is for all the things you want and that is Monk. Going to be kind of hard to step away at a moments notice from the computer with a Paladin or Enchanter.

webrunner5 03-02-2012 12:17 PM

The best class for a Paladin is a Dwarf by far. And they don't get hide or sneak.

A Shaman sounds like what you really need to be, but no way to go AFK safely. But they sure are not unique.