Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Regen item inquiry (/forums/showthread.php?t=310636)

Vertiggo 11-11-2018 05:58 PM

Regen item inquiry

Does fungus covered great staff stack with fungi tunic?

Barm McLir 11-11-2018 06:03 PM

Yes. Since you click it, it counts as spell regen. It also snares you. It does not stack with other spell regen.

clacbec 11-11-2018 09:21 PM

Both stacks with torpor?

Barm McLir 11-11-2018 09:22 PM

Yes. Torpor is a heal over time spell.

Bardp1999 11-12-2018 12:15 AM

You can make it more complicated if you want by introducing spell slots and how certain spells/effects stack and don't stack based on what number slot they occupy, but as a general rule of thumb there are 3 kinds of regen - Racial, Spell, Item. So basically you can have Iskar racial regen, fungi tunic, and lets say pack chloroplast all rolling at once. As pointed out, the fungi staff just gives you a spell regen click so it will stack with everything besides Druid and Shaman regen spells or other items that have a click regen effect.

Swish2 11-12-2018 04:05 AM

https://i.imgur.com/etBInQ0.gif

Barm McLir 11-12-2018 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swish2 (Post 2806929)

Haha, thanks! I made the original back in the early 2000's, quit EQ, lost the files, found a low-rez copy as some guy's avatar in the Allakhazam comments, and used that to draw it again.

aaezil 11-12-2018 09:34 AM

Does fungi tunic stack with AoB?

Pindrought 11-12-2018 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bardp1999 (Post 2806898)
You can make it more complicated if you want by introducing spell slots and how certain spells/effects stack and don't stack based on what number slot they occupy, but as a general rule of thumb there are 3 kinds of regen - Racial, Spell, Item. So basically you can have Iskar racial regen, fungi tunic, and lets say pack chloroplast all rolling at once. As pointed out, the fungi staff just gives you a spell regen click so it will stack with everything besides Druid and Shaman regen spells or other items that have a click regen effect.

Do you know of anywhere you can find good info on which spell slots buff effects occupy?
I saw this website explains it http://www.zlizeq.com/Game_Mechanics-Buffs_and_Debuffs but has no information on how to actually retrieve this data.

7thGate 11-12-2018 10:16 AM

I don't know about "good", but I copy+pasted the spells_us.txt file into a google sheet and split on ^, myself. Had to consult eqemu's spdat.h header to determine how to read it, SPDat_Spell_Struct had the info for me to label the relevant columns and there's a big #define block that shows what each number for the spell effects do.

You can also see it in Lucy, which basically did the same thing but with a good interface here: http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.htm...76&source=Live . Its live though, not P99, so you have to take things with a grain of salt as they can be different here.