Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   If I invite you to a group and you are not fine with greed rolling (/forums/showthread.php?t=141562)

paulgiamatti 03-02-2014 05:21 PM

If I invite you to a group and you are not fine with greed rolling

Click disband. I'm sick and fucking tired of people bitching about someone winning multiple drops. Items vary in value too much for trade-up looting to make any sense. If someone rolls and wins a Hierophant's Cloak, yes they get to roll and win level 60 spells from the Emperor. That's how it works. I won't allow people to corpse items if they're lore, but as far as I'm concerned someone can roll and win every non-lore drop in my group and if you bitch about it I'm going to drop you.

Kagatob 2.0 03-02-2014 05:50 PM

wat

BigHurb 03-02-2014 06:04 PM

eat my ass snatch

Tiax 03-02-2014 06:29 PM

Trade up looting leads to a more equitable distribution of loot. Whats there not to understand?

Transient 03-02-2014 07:32 PM

Can corpse a lore item so long as they didn't win it with you right?

Cecily 03-02-2014 07:38 PM

No, that's greedy.

paulgiamatti 03-02-2014 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiax (Post 1346654)
Trade up looting leads to a more equitable distribution of loot. Whats there not to understand?

I tend to disagree. I mean if someone insists on trading up an item or passing on a drop because they won something already that's fine, but I would never mandate this rule in a group I'm leading. There are very few camps where LoreItem A equals the value of LoreItem B, so it seems silly to justify trading up one item for another when everyone can just roll their dice and have an equal opportunity to win loot.

Splorf22 03-02-2014 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulgiamatti (Post 1346578)
Click disband. I'm sick and fucking tired of people bitching about someone winning multiple drops. Items vary in value too much for trade-up looting to make any sense. If someone rolls and wins a Hierophant's Cloak, yes they get to roll and win level 60 spells from the Emperor. That's how it works. I won't allow people to corpse items if they're lore, but as far as I'm concerned someone can roll and win every non-lore drop in my group and if you bitch about it I'm going to drop you.

What a misleading title. I'm all for greed rolls, but if I win a fungi or a hiero I'm not gonna roll on some 5k spell unless like 2/3 of the group is different.

EQsale 03-02-2014 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Transient (Post 1346729)
Can corpse a lore item so long as they didn't win it with you right?

Would hope so or id never waste my time groupin with ya haha

EQsale 03-02-2014 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cecily (Post 1346737)
No, that's greedy.

The ammount of time we have been in this expansion i dont see why someone couldnt corpse a hiero cloak or a fungi if there already wearing one and won the roll.

Dont see how thats being greedy they are there helping to obtain said item in the first place.