Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   BF4 is EPIC (/forums/showthread.php?t=126591)

Gaffin' 11-01-2013 12:10 PM

Even though BF is a bit more realistic its just too slow for my taste, I like fast close action so I can run through and murder 20 people at once with quick reflex aiming.

Not running across the map and maybe getting sniped or hit by a tank.

BF3 sucked to me, havent played 4 yet but im guessing its the same with some add ons.

BF Vietnam however was the best ever.

I like COD, yeah call me a 12 year old or w/e just dont like the game mechanics in BF

MrSparkle001 11-01-2013 12:23 PM

Doesn't mean you're 12, it means you like a different sort of FPS. I personally suck at FPS games and don't have the reflexes to do what kids can do, and I like BF's more realistic approach and all the vehicles you can use.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums 11-01-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaffin' (Post 1168424)
Even though BF is a bit more realistic its just too slow for my taste, I like fast close action so I can run through and murder 20 people at once with quick reflex aiming.

Not running across the map and maybe getting sniped or hit by a tank.

BF3 sucked to me, havent played 4 yet but im guessing its the same with some add ons.

BF Vietnam however was the best ever.

I like COD, yeah call me a 12 year old or w/e just dont like the game mechanics in BF

Yeah I can get behing this - you really need to choose an FPS that matches your style. I used to be heavy into the cod-like fps style and played nothing but Metro and CQB but after a while of playing on servers with a somewhat varied map rotation, the medium sized maps started gaining traction with me. Before long, I could find any action level I wanted with any sized map so there's that I guess.

I can't get over the maturity and team-only chat associated with cod. Squad chat ftw.

Mandalore93 11-01-2013 12:57 PM

Bf2142 might be the must under rated game of all time. Bad timing release since it had to compete with modern warfare 1, which was the best fps ever made. And that coming from a battlefield fan who has played most of them on a competitive level.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums 11-01-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mandalore93 (Post 1168474)
Bf2142 might be the must under rated game of all time. Bad timing release since it had to compete with modern warfare 1, which was the best fps ever made. And that coming from a battlefield fan who has played most of them on a competitive level.

Extremely underrated imo but it was the modding community that turned that genre on its head.
- galactic conquest.
- desert combat.
- bf vietnam.

All of these were done on 1942 and scooped by EA (except GC). EA has been a cancer as of late.

Swish 11-01-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Confit (Post 1168307)
Screw all these new games.

Sniping on BF2 all day long.

http://www.plasplaseo.com/wp-content...13/02/type.jpg

Yumyums Inmahtumtums 11-01-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swish (Post 1168598)

LOL!!!

Retti_ 11-01-2013 04:03 PM

http://www.joystickdivision.com/goldeneyepic5.jpg

Dullah 11-01-2013 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mandalore93 (Post 1168474)

Agreed on 2142, but it still had those cheapo bugs from bf2 that were never fixed. Never enjoyed CoD like BF tho, always got so boring after a few weeks.

Until DICE learns that MMOFPS is the fps of the future, I'll never play BF series again. PS2 wars are so much more interesting and exciting than anything I've ever experienced in BF. Its like 3 continents of 30 Battlefield maps with no load screens (unless you redeploy). Pretty sure BF will come out with an mmofps game in the near future.

Swish 11-01-2013 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dullah (Post 1168780)
PS2 wars are so much more interesting and exciting than anything I've ever experienced in BF. Its like 3 continents of 30 Battlefield maps with no load screens (unless you redeploy). Pretty sure BF will come out with an mmofps game in the near future.

I was BR20 and CR4 in Planetside (NC), and if I had a PC powerful enough to play PS2 I'd be all over it! Agree with Dullah completely..its the future, and I'm surprised SOE haven't promoted it harder.