Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Rangers in Velious? (/forums/showthread.php?t=100116)

VincentVolaju 02-28-2013 02:51 AM

Rangers in Velious?

I was wondering if anyone knew if Rangers get any love in Velious, aside from the spells listed on the wiki site? Ive heard other classes get really nice buffs, but havent heard much about Rangers?

Danth 02-28-2013 03:00 AM

The Ranger, Shadow Knight, and Paladin all see significant improvements during the Velious era. Most of these improvements didn't happen until a few months into the expansion. What I recall for Rangers:

Disciplines
Offense cap and damage tables made the same as a Warrior's
New spells
Removal of hybrid experience penalty
Improved itemization

I'm probably forgetting some, but those are the major items to look forward to.

Danth

VincentVolaju 02-28-2013 03:04 AM

Awesome thanks for that! More dmg to look forward to if I roll a Ranger then!

Danth 02-28-2013 03:09 AM

Oh yeah, I also forgot hybrid spell casting haste. That helps some as well.

Danth

Byrjun 02-28-2013 03:47 AM

They get one of the coolest looking weapons in the game, from Vulak. Unique graphic.

That counts for something, right?

rafaone 02-28-2013 07:03 AM

The ability to SOLO fear kite animals properly is also a great upgrade.

fadetree 02-28-2013 08:49 AM

Yah, Rangering gets significantly better in Velious. we are not going to see the archery upgrades that were the single biggest game changer for us, but still weaponshield, panic animal, and the removal of the killer exp penalty are pretty good deals. In fact, I more or less parked myself at a good level for Velious to wait for it.

Dezik 02-28-2013 12:59 PM

Must say I'm surprised at the responses in this thread. With the racism against rangers on this server I thought they would be hated forever. May consider making my alt a ranger.

fadetree 02-28-2013 02:39 PM

Don't get your hopes up. Things will get better, but you will always be the brunt of jokes and discrimination from some. It does provide a good way to tell the tards from the decent folk, though.

Duckforceone 02-28-2013 03:41 PM

yeah rangers will always be the butt of the jokes...

but who cares, some of the best players i have met were rangers... it just takes awesome people to stand out from such a bad class... :D

cleric got aggro, and suddenly ranger went down like a wet paper bag... but party didn't wipe... let's diss the ranger for being so thin skinned... that's your life...

but if you go out, be the one who starts groups, keeps the pulls coming in, and saving the party, who cares what people say, when you know you are awesome... :D