Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Necro vs Enchanter Charm (/forums/showthread.php?t=127120)

HippoNipple 11-05-2013 12:30 PM

Necro vs Enchanter Charm

How would you compare a necro charm vs enchanter charm? Charisma for an enchanter matters, so assume 200+ charisma. Also, are there any deciding factors on how a necro charm performs other than level of mob vs level of caster?

Aerar 11-05-2013 12:55 PM

well its undead vs everything so there is that

Ele 11-05-2013 12:55 PM

charisma only matters for enchanter charm and vendoring goods.

necros and druids don't care.

HippoNipple 11-05-2013 12:56 PM

One of you geniuses of PvE need to drop some knowledge in this thread. I'm assuming enchanters still out class necromancers in charming undead but you never know. Even if it was that way in classic things here aren't always the same. Does anyone have any experience with both on this server?

Jauna 11-05-2013 12:59 PM

Cha is a small factor in any charm. Charm duration is mostly your level vs the targets level+its MR

Aerar 11-05-2013 01:00 PM

the issue is also, chanters need to charm - necros have a static pet, that while not as high dmg as a charmed pet - wont ever break and is pretty effective

murcielago200 11-05-2013 01:01 PM

Why is this stuff still secret? We have all the code. Can't a few tech savvy people read into it and no more guess work?

HippoNipple 11-05-2013 01:06 PM

I'm not trying to debate which class is better for other reasons outside of the charm.

I just wanted to know if anyone had experience with enchanter (200+ charisma) vs necromancer charms on undead as far as resists, consistency and duration.

This will come down to what duo is better, enchanter or necro, with a cleric in somewhere like HS. I didn't want to bring that up at first because I see this leading to people talking about other spells enchanters/necros have that could help with the duo. I am familiar with the other benefits of each class.

SamwiseRed 11-05-2013 01:10 PM

id still say enchanter, they have better methods for controlling their charm, altho necs do have fd, also doesnt the necro haste spell only work on their skellies? that means chanters pet will always be more productive than necros unless i am wrong. based on what ive seen druid vs chanter charming iceberg, id say chanter last longer.

Iumuno 11-05-2013 01:49 PM

I'm not sure if it translated entirely like that over p1999 but here's how it went on live back in 99-04:

CHA only mattered for the resist rate, making it a fairly useless stat for charming, because if the mob could resist your charm spell outright, then the average duration wasn't going to be long anyway.

The average duration of charm was 100% MR based.