Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Melee (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   1-50 solo Ranger or Monk (/forums/showthread.php?t=291573)

kuuky 02-18-2018 04:23 PM

1-50 solo Ranger or Monk

So I am slowly getting the chanter up there but I want to punch some face occasionally. Which is more fun to solo from say 1-50. I have fungi and COCW in bank.

putrid_plum 02-18-2018 04:51 PM

I would say the monk since you can go most places, flip flop into dungeons, camp whatever you want, in relative safety but I don't get why everyone wants to solo so badly on P99. ;)

kuuky 02-18-2018 05:15 PM

Thank you for the advice.
As to why I solo, well the biggest reason is that I have a wife and daughter and I have to afk (sometimes long time) suddenly. I don't want to be a burden to any group (unless i know i'll be on undisturbed like late night ) with that. I dislike when others do that and leech xp. Also I like to hog the xp. Cuz Hey I earned it.

putrid_plum 02-18-2018 05:25 PM

Ah good reason then!!!

Zentile 02-18-2018 06:49 PM

The deciding factor for me three years ago was that monks have a pause button. It’s perfect for those with young families or other RL commitments.

Zen

Nagoya 02-18-2018 07:45 PM

rangers have hide&sneak tho, this is pretty much a pause button :)
i like rangers better than monks, lot of utility and nice spells...
most effects can be reproduced on clickies with a monk i guess, but i don't have access to this kind of loot nor money ^^;
on a mid-low budget twinking, i'd vote for rangers!

kuuky 02-18-2018 09:50 PM

Very good points Nagoya and Harmony as well to help with outdoors(where ill mostly be) splitting.

Wfrench1234 02-18-2018 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuuky (Post 2660829)
Thank you for the advice.
As to why I solo, well the biggest reason is that I have a wife and daughter and I have to afk (sometimes long time) suddenly. I don't want to be a burden to any group (unless i know i'll be on undisturbed like late night ) with that. I dislike when others do that and leech xp. Also I like to hog the xp. Cuz Hey I earned it.

That’s why I play monk. I have a 36 week preg. Wife and a 3 yr old I never know when duty is going to call. Just flop and come back later. Once you hit 50 make sure you have an OT hammer and a WC cap.

skarlorn 02-19-2018 03:59 AM

Do you care more about having some spell utility, or being better at punching? Monk can handle anything a Ranger can and more. Fd is superior for afks at the drop of the hat. Ranger gets aot worse after 50 when mobs start summoning

Spyder73 02-19-2018 01:44 PM

Monks are super fun. With a Fungi and Haste I think Monk is pretty much the no brain answer here. Buy a Stalve of Shielding for off hand and punch things with main hand and you pretty much don't need any other gear for your monk until you can maybe get some No Drop stuff. Just loot some Mesh armor from the frogs in Upper Guk and replace it as you find upgrades on your adventures.

Monk Epic is much easier than Ranger Epic if you ever feel like going down that road