Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   TR RECRUITING? (/forums/showthread.php?t=51535)

Silentone 10-13-2011 04:36 PM

TR RECRUITING?

Quote:

Bump. Always looking for apps from skilled players who want to be more than a number.

If you want to be part of a guild that's had 127 members attend a raid this month, we aren't the place for you.

Click the link in my sig for details.
^^^if you want to log in and cheer on a raiding guild...this is the raiding guild for you.

burkemi5 10-13-2011 05:22 PM

pretty funny that TR is all about being the small guild now, considering they were just as zergy as TMO is now only a few months ago.

Silentone 10-13-2011 05:31 PM

That whole small thing is just a stund they raid under 2 guild tangs now VD and TR....

MelxDruid 10-13-2011 07:27 PM

I find it sad VD gave into the bribes. /used

Kassel 10-13-2011 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelxDruid (Post 432846)
I find it sad VD gave into the bribes. /used

VD is a guild that knows how to cooperate. The server needs more cooperation imo.

LevinJ 10-13-2011 08:07 PM

TR has always run off of small numbers. They've had more trouble fielding enough numbers than anything else over time due to the high turnover rate on this server. With that said I saw plenty of garbage recruits get rejected from TR for not meeting the standard, even when they were a useful class. Most of those rejected people then joined TMO and commenced flame baiting TR here on the forums (ex: Lenfer).

Diggles 10-13-2011 08:24 PM

can't hoop make deal with another guild

LevinJ 10-13-2011 08:26 PM

Btw, I recall a personal example of TMO/DA's player strategy that I will share. About a month before Kunark (right around the time of the IB/DW merger) we were in a poopsock-a-thon for Inny against DA. DA ran right in to Inny's lair and sat on his spawn point. At some point, a warrior from DA starts sending me tells trying to recruit me to DA, says they need more mages.

I am trying to remember the warrior's name... I think it had Swift in it? He told me he was a member of DA's core raiding team and might have been an officer. So Inny pops and DA is taking their good old time killing him. It seems like their numbers are dropping quickly (they had around 35 in zone) but the number of DA keeps fluctuating. Then, mid-fight, the guy I was in /tells with goes offline and doesn't return until after the fight ended.

After the fight is over and he logs back in, he proceeded to tell me that DA's Inny kill strategy was to log out multiple characters at Inny's spawn point for each player present and to switch chars when one dies and log in the next one and keep engaging. So about 35 real people with a couple chars each.

Diggles 10-13-2011 08:31 PM

We all know Hasbinbad 50 boxes TR raids anyway that's why nothing dies.

God-King Abacab 10-13-2011 08:41 PM

Boyz N'Tha Hood was about small numbers

Me, Petros, Raren, and Bronson took on Nagafen with four people so we hold the honor of being the most skilled guild on the server.