Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   P4P Top ten most skilled players in the server (/forums/showthread.php?t=7403)

Remiel 05-11-2010 05:52 AM

P4P Top ten most skilled players in the server

Hi guys,

Here's how it works, I need each of you guys to name 3 players in the server who have personally impressed you with their skills in playing their class, and who you think deserve to get recognition for it. (You dont need a full blown explanation on why you think they deserve the recognition, but feel free to write them if you want anyway :))

THIS IS NOT A POPULARITY CONTEST. This is not a top ten most popular players in the server thread because how popular you are means nothing to how good you can play your class.

How do you define skills? Well to me a player is skilled if:
1. They know their class inside out - what their role is in a raid, in a group. You see this all the time; a new player joins your group and you can feel the impact almost immediately.
2. They are able to do things above and beyond what other players in the same class are able to do. For select classes, this probably means soloing or duo-ing FGs, kedge keep nameds, duo or trio breaking fear, etc.
3. Many other factors

You need to pick 3 good players of ANY class. Obviously there are some classes like enchanters and monks where it is easy to pick out skilled players and some classes where it's harder to do so (clerics?, warriors?). I'll leave that to your judgment.

ALSO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO VOTE FOR YOURSELF!

Let me start with my list of 3:

1. Glitch (Enchanter)
2. Shearer (Monk)
3. Uuaellaen (Cleric)

Remiel
5 monk

Pyrocat 05-11-2010 06:06 AM

So if everyone just posts 3 names of who they think is best, how is it not a popularity contest? Shouldn't they have to duel, or compete or something?

Remiel 05-11-2010 06:15 AM

Well, duelling is a way to pick out the skilled players but only on one aspect: PVP.

Please pick out the 3 that you have witnessed personally to be skilled (avoid voting for players who 'you think is good because a lot of other players say so').

Gorroth 05-11-2010 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pyrocat (Post 58796)
...how is it not a popularity contest?

^

Rogean 05-11-2010 06:17 AM

1. Rogean (GM)

Tudana 05-11-2010 06:36 AM

I think I like the "Players you would like to thank..." thread better

Ektar 05-11-2010 06:53 AM

Just cuz I leveled up a long time ago and the only people that know me now are people in my guild doesn't mean I'm not the best. In fact, I would lose this due to my.. lack of popularity. Even though I suppose I AM kinda popular! But no one's seen me play.

Omnimorph 05-11-2010 07:51 AM

I'm the best, if i don't seem it when i'm grouped with you, it's because i'm having a bad day of course :p

Jify 05-11-2010 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tudana (Post 58804)
I think I like the "Players you would like to thank..." thread better

^

Uaellaen 05-11-2010 08:41 AM

Quote:

3. Uuaellaen (Cleric)
OMG im popular =O