Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Poll: Do nothing\Wipe it\New Server (/forums/showthread.php?t=116225)

Kesulos 07-25-2013 03:49 PM

Poll: Do nothing\Wipe it\New Server

I see arguments for these three, good points and bad points to all of them. I'm curious to see to see a poll.

Reguiy 07-25-2013 04:00 PM

Keep this server, and start a new one.

kotton05 07-25-2013 04:05 PM

No wipe come on now... Fix ddos give some xp bonus and get velious out :)

NegaStoat 07-25-2013 04:07 PM

I'm down for a new server. On weekends at prime time this server has seen 980 people online, well, as of this last weekend. So 1k people when most of the people are off from work.

Flip the switch on a new server and I would cautiously estimate 120-200 new people would arrive within 30 days. Now split the population and consider the available room for end game content on a Kunark era server.

I highly doubt we'd see a ghost town situation on either realm.

Edit - I'd like to add that while this would be great to see, it still doesn't address the RMT / DDoS duping situation at all.

TheLieka 07-25-2013 04:08 PM

This will both productive and useful. It is not a waste of time at all.

B

fastboy21 07-25-2013 04:08 PM

I voted for a new server...but it has nothing to do with current server being DDoS'd or the RMT/duping situation.

I just always like the fun/challenge of starting off new every few years. I don't know what kind of future a static server really has in the long run...at some point, I think it makes sense to start fresh/follow the classic timeline/etc. I don't know where that point is...maybe 2-3 years after Velious release? How much more than that could it go on before the server became a ghost town? Nobody really knows, because p1999 is the first server to really push this concept.

hyper50 07-25-2013 04:17 PM

I'd like a solution to the dupe be found, and then create a new server with a fresh timeline just so I can enjoy EQ from the start again lol. If not, just a solution for the dupe would be awesome. There is no stopping RMTers, but if it can atleast be made harder to get massive amounts of pp, that'd be good enough for me = )

Thulack 07-25-2013 04:18 PM

Open new server with correct timeline. by time it catches up velious should be ready to go.

Ele 07-25-2013 04:19 PM

New server with automatic timeline patching with dupes and bugs fixed.

pras

aowen 07-25-2013 04:34 PM

So who is going to pay for and run this new server? Or is it going to appear out of thin air and be self-sustaining? That is almost as stupid as wiping this one. The only thing that needs to happen after the lag is addressed is some anti-trust law ball breaking of some of the guilds and their relentlessness on the coveted raid mobs. Anne Frankly I don't give a sh*t if people RMT, people who buy toons and plat with money don't bother me, they're just idiots.