Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Tanks (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Warriors are useless in 90% of the games content (/forums/showthread.php?t=422113)

ya.dingus 07-31-2023 04:25 PM

Warriors are useless in 90% of the games content

Don't bother @ me it's true.

Nobody wants them outside of raids unless they're a charity case or desperation case pick for the group.

Every other class combo is better when grouping for a majority of the game.

Warriors live in the timespace of weekly raids, anywhere else, dont bother.

Ripqozko 07-31-2023 04:29 PM

As a tank I agree, with a non shit tier 2h they are decent dps in a group tho.

DeathsSilkyMist 07-31-2023 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ripqozko (Post 3630467)
As a tank I agree, with a non shit tier 2h they are decent dps in a group tho.

Agreed. Warriors can output good DPS, especially if they are berserking.

Lampolo 07-31-2023 04:46 PM

This type of statement from op is only ever made by dps class or dog shit pally/sk or maybe just the naive. Wars are #1 xp tank. Learn how to play you scrubby loser

DeathsSilkyMist 07-31-2023 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lampolo (Post 3630472)
This type of statement from op is only ever made by dps class or dog shit pally/sk or maybe just the naive. Wars are #1 xp tank. Learn how to play you scrubby loser

SK's and Paladins are the better XP group tanks.

This is because SK's and Paladins don't have to rely on procs for hate generation, and XP groups don't need Warrior Disc's.

I know you have this strange hypothesis about Warrior pulling, but Warriors factually don't have any secret method of pulling. SK's and Paladins can pull in the same way as your Warrior, if you prefer that method of pulling.

The only time Warriors had a unique pulling method was years ago, when you could sneak pull with halfling Warriors. Sadly sneak pulling was fixed years ago, so this is no longer possible.

PatChapp 07-31-2023 05:43 PM

My warrior does fine in xp groups. I run dps weapons and get one of the casters to root
Is very simple,works fine.

ya.dingus 07-31-2023 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatChapp (Post 3630492)
My warrior does fine in xp groups. I run dps weapons and get one of the casters to root
Is very simple,works fine.

Doing fine is not excelling.

Needing meme setups or relying on chance to perform only 70% of the utility others get at their disposal, at will, and thinking you're on par is the highest dosage of copium they legally allow.

PatChapp 07-31-2023 05:51 PM

I do a lot more damage than knight tanks,it makes up for the minor inconvenience.

Ennewi 07-31-2023 06:00 PM

Root
Cleric - Level 9
Paladin - Level 22
Shaman - Level 14
Necromancer - Level 34
Wizard - Level 4
Enchanter - Level 8

Grasping Roots
Ranger - Level 15
Druid - Level 5

Herbalist's Spade
Effect: Paralyzing Earth (Combat, Casting Time: Instant) at Level 49

We're however many years into Velious now. Even monks have root with FoN.

DeathsSilkyMist 07-31-2023 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ennewi (Post 3630495)
Root
Cleric - Level 9
Paladin - Level 22
Shaman - Level 14
Necromancer - Level 34
Wizard - Level 4
Enchanter - Level 8

Grasping Roots
Ranger - Level 15
Druid - Level 5

Herbalist's Spade
Effect: Paralyzing Earth (Combat, Casting Time: Instant) at Level 49

We're however many years into Velious now. Even monks have root with FoN.

Of course. Warriors can tank in XP groups. I don't think anybody has said they can't. OP is pointing out they aren't as good in this role, which is true. If you could pick any tank in an XP group that doesn't need Warrior discs, you would pick a Paladin or SK over a Warrior.

You can root mobs when you have a Paladin or SK tanking as well. However, Paladin's and SK's can provide snap agro when needed. Warriors cannot.

EDIT: I am not trying to suggest people shouldn't play Warriors in XP groups, or that XP groups shouldn't take Warriors. Warriors simply have weaknesses outside of raiding.